Yamaha Extended Service

Yamaha is offering me their Y.E.S. service plan. (It's hard to believe it'll be a year with my FZ1 in June.)

Here's the offer: 1 year $440, 2 years $520, 3 years $620, and 4 years $698.
No deductible: parts and labor. $150 Travel interruption and $50 towing benefit.

I've never had extended service on a bike, mainly because I usually buy motorcycles used.

Anyone have the Y.E.S. plan? Anyone have another extended service plan?

Or, do you just cross your fingers? Your :2cents: please.

No experience with extended warranty, but you have to ask yourself how long are you going to keep the bike. I believe the YES plan is transferable to a new owner and makes a nice selling point, but you already paid for it at that point. These bikes are pretty reliable so personally I would pass...just my :2cents:

25 years to life

No experience with extended warranty, but you have to ask yourself how long are you going to keep the bike. I believe the YES plan is transferable to a new owner and makes a nice selling point, but you already paid for it at that point. These bikes are pretty reliable so personally I would pass...just my :2cents:

It took me 25 years to kill my last yamaha. Even then it was not the motor, but the rotor. I'd save my money for tires and gas, and ride man ride. Sleep easy at night, it's a YAMAHA! :shine:

I never bought the yammy plan but in 07 I did buy into Honda 3 yr extended warranty, I paid $400 for it and have a little over a year and a half left. If I were you I'd keep my money. i only did it because i was new to the bike world and didn't know squat about bikes, well I still don't know much besides riding them lol. Really I would pass on it, hind sight is 20 / 20

Thanks gtbigup01, Oldschool and NJFZ1. I think I'm going to take your advice.
In all the bikes I've owned, I've never needed a major repair. I'll just hope if I do, it's priced lower than the Y.E.S. plan premium.:cheers:

Hold on thar pard. You can buy your YES plan from any dealer but the best YES price is from dandhcycle.com in Cullman Al. I think their price for a 4 year on a FJR was 450ish? Don't know about a FZ1 but a simple call to them would get you a price.
If you bought the bike new you can buy the YES anytime in the first year.
If you plan to keep the bike for years and it can be had for 100 a year... might be worth it.
I do believe they can be transfered to a new owner if you sell the bike.

Thanks, OneSizeFitsAll and GPz1100. At $100/year I would do the deal. Not because I think something will break, necessarily, but because if I sell the bike, I'd feel great offering it with a warranty.
GPz1100: that ebay offer is great BUT, unfortunately I live in one of the three states in which it's not available.
I'll do some research. I had no idea a factory warranty could be offered at a discount.

D&H in Cullman has a solid rep in the FJR world. Let us know what they charge for a FZ1.
Good luck!

D&H charges $389,even, for 48 months for the Y.E.S. I hate warranties because they're a gamble - and I'm not a gambler. Never the less, for $8.10/ month-and for a full 4 years-it's hard to pass up. I'll probably cut a check tomorrow.

It's threads like this that make the forum so great! Nice work guys! :D

I haven't ever bought the extended on a bike... and I've yet to have a major issue with a Yamaha. Unsure if I'd buy it.

BTW, mine is also a year old on June 6th. :D

You can still buy one up to your 1 year date :)

I agree about not sure I'd get on for the Frank as I would only ride 20-30K in four years where as with a milage eater like my FJR where I have put 60k+ in four years it is worth it.

But at 100 a year it's not a bad thing

Y.E.S in California

Hi
I saw in the ebay link that this is not for California residens due to some license regulations.
Anyone know on a good place to buy it in CA?

Thanks
amirw

Being a service manager at a Yamaha dealer I have plenty of experience dealing with warranty situations. I can tell you that whether under base warranty or Y.E.S. Yamaha is TOP NOTCH. Very customer oriented and very willing to give the customer benefit of the doubt in gray area situations. This is actually one of the primary reasons I bought the FZ1 and I bought Y.E.S. on my FZ1 without a second thought.

Hi
I saw in the ebay link that this is not for California residens due to some license regulations.
Anyone know on a good place to buy it in CA?

Thanks
amirw

You might consider D&H Cycle in Cullman, AL D&H Cycle.
I purchased 48 months for $389 of Y.E.S. and it's good in WA state. Check with them, I believe it will be valid in CA as well.
If you call (888-553-3311) ask for Renaa.

Last edited:
Hey guys figured I'd throw my two cents in and say that I believe that at the end of the extended warranty they pro rate it and give you some money back if it is never used. The bank I went through on a loan with wanted me to get this even though I do all my own work so maybe check into it.

Back