Yamaha going to triple

I'm not sure the Tuono has an engine that suffers much at all, unless you want to ride it like a Hardly Moovinson and dogg it around town under 2k.

2012-aprilia-tuono-v4r-vs-2011-aprilia-rsv4-r-dyno-3.jpg
2012-literbike-streetfighter-shootout-hp-dyno-1.jpg

lolup

It was that Streetfighter Shootout video that sold me on the Tuono V4R.. Traction Control, Wheelie Control, ABS.

Basically I would have to save up two accounts, one for the bike and insurance, another account for bail money and legal fees.

And I don't see a problem with the Fz1 engine other than it guzzles gas, but it's an entertainment expense

Why then a different bike?

QUOTE=Ssky0078;140104]
BAH, 5-10 months, LOL. I've got 1500 miles in the last month after my crash. My goal is to average 1500 miles a month, a good 50/50 split between commuting and sport riding. Since there is a glut of 3-4 year old bikes out there with only 5-8k miles on them, I know I would get more riding in this year than a lot of people will do in a lifetime.

I'll have a video up later today or tomorrow of the ride I took yesterday. I could start to feel the difference in going through speedy sweepers and where the suspension was working and where the tires were working. When the suspension is in its sweet spot, I can feel the spring is a little soft for my fat ass.

Next step I think is track days. Problem is the FZ1 is my main mode of transportation. I need to get a second bike or a car/truck so that if I dump it at the track I can still get around.[/QUOTE]

Well is the same you said before your 2nd crash and I fear you have not learned more self control. i am doing about 20k miles a year for many years now so I still know that it takes time until you master a bike. However everyone his/her own opinion. I knew many people thinking the same that they can do everything in short times, riding a lot is good but talking about track days after your history and all the questions you ask seems a bit over the top. Patience is a virtue which shows that the person has self control. Even after several 10ks of miles on Fz1s I would not say that I mastered the bike but for sure you do this in no time so you do not ride as much as I do. Some are just more skilled than others ;).

I'm not sure the Tuono has an engine that suffers much at all, unless you want to ride it like a Hardly Moovinson and dogg it around town under 2k.

Of course the Tuono has a good engine but it is similar from the characteristics like the Fz1. My comment was rather that if you change to a naked bike something more torque is better like the speed triple. I drove a tuono only once for 20 min so I liked it but that is not really an impression with such a short riding time.

That is a too american view of the world. Sorry but in Europe you get different MC than here and this is already since decades so. HD does not really sell significant numbers in the EU. Just look at all the naked bikes in the EU and all the manufactures from Italy and Germany. BMW sells most of it bikes in Germany and always made bikes for Germans (tall).

However I agree that the beginner bikes now offered in the US and EU are products which might sell soon in Asia.

what are you talking about dreamer jap motorcycles ar no longer designed for the american public anymore we get what the rest of the world has already had for a couple years already and whats wrong with my AMERICAN VIEW im AMERICAN

what are you talking about dreamer jap motorcycles ar no longer designed for the american public anymore we get what the rest of the world has already had for a couple years already and whats wrong with my AMERICAN VIEW im AMERICAN

Don't get me wrong everyone can say his/her opinion.
I just said that motorcycles were not designed for the american market alone and the rest of the world got the same or nothing. (This was your statement)
I gave some examples of companies which build motorcycle not for the american market but for the EU market and that this is already true for a long time. Not every motorcycle company focused on the US market, the companies focus on the biggest profit and now that is the asian market.

jap makers did at one time design bikes for americans big vtwins they copied and improved on harleys the made em bigger better and more reliable they kept making bigger up 2000cc the big four all had big cruisers and they sold plenty of them.But now most of the bikes that were built for americans are long in the tooth ex fjr1300 st1300 klr650 these are big bikes that americans love and as long as we still buy them they will keep making them for us

now bikes like the cb1000 tenere triumph 1200 enduro were out for years before we could get our hands on them and not only bikes there are plenty of good cars we dont get here either now what is wrong with my american view

Well is the same you said before your 2nd crash and I fear you have not learned more self control. i am doing about 20k miles a year for many years now so I still know that it takes time until you master a bike. However everyone his/her own opinion. I knew many people thinking the same that they can do everything in short times, riding a lot is good but talking about track days after your history and all the questions you ask seems a bit over the top. Patience is a virtue which shows that the person has self control. Even after several 10ks of miles on Fz1s I would not say that I mastered the bike but for sure you do this in no time so you do not ride as much as I do. Some are just more skilled than others ;).

I know that I push things fast, but that is just how I've always done it. I jump into something 100% till I feel I've got about 90% of it down and then I get bored and move on. I push the limits of whatever I am doing to see how much I can get out of it, while I'm still interrested.

I in no way meant that I would master the Fz1 in just 5-10 months. My long term plan is to hang on to my Fz1 for sentimental reasons as well as I think the bike can serve just about all the purposes I want in a motorcycle with the exception of not being good on dirt (Super tenere or Hypermotard or DRZ400sm going from more mature to least mature) and long distance touring (seat kills me after about 45 min and I would have to get a fairing back on it, G1200GS or Multistrada/Hyperstrada or RT1200R with full kit)

The Tuono V4R has all sorts of gadgets/tech options on it, that make me interrested and I would wait 2-3 years to get one used and watch for any major issues with all the new gadgets/tech.

And I don't think going to the track means being reckless, in fact I see it as the opposite. It's a more controlled environment to put the skills to a test and learn about myself and the motorcycle. Pushing it on back roads or busy highways would be irresponsible and reckless. I mean I just took the ARC to learn new techniques and have even gone out and applied them already. I just take a more academic approach and then go out to test in the real world, much like a physics class, I come here for the information and debate, then I got out in the lab.

Anyway the Tuono V4R is an amazing looking bike and sounds like it's very spec friendly for an aggressive riding style as well as having the ability to turn it down for one's own self preservation.

I guess the sad thing about how this thread has gone is that I'm looking at what Yamaha is about to do and not getting really excited. I started looking at the Fazer bikes back in 2006 and unfortunately was prevented from getting in the sport until now. I've read enough threads on enough forums to see that the Yamaha has it's limitations and other bike manufacturers are out there doing things that are looking pretty impressive. The nicest thing about the Yamaha is it's sticker price. You get a quality product for a relatively easier dent in your wallet.

Cheers

The T is high on my list "would like to have" If everything goes as plan I'll have a new ride by the end of the year. Now the 12K question is... does the FZ1 finally will get a real update? We'll see...

The T is high on my list "would like to have" If everything goes as plan I'll have a new ride by the end of the year. Now the 12K question is... does the FZ1 finally will get a real update? We'll see...

Well based on how it's been selling if it doesn't get an update it may be dropped altogether from the lineup. I think that would be a huge mistake on Yamaha's part, but unless the FZ1 gets a serious update it's not a contender in the segment going forward.

Well based on how it's been selling if it doesn't get an update it may be dropped altogether from the lineup. I think that would be a huge mistake on Yamaha's part, but unless the FZ1 gets a serious update it's not a contender in the segment going forward.

Don't get me wrong, this is still an amazing machine. But it loss some ground in the liter class. The FZ6R is fine for what it is. The FZ8 (2013) look like they figure out that they went a bit too cheap on the suspension and fix it.(If handling better might be a good contender for the second spot in the man cave) But the FZ1 is way over due IMO.

Cross plane with few electronic goodies would be nice...

I still dont understand the FZ8in the line up. I think they should have just made the FZ1N available here. For me the 1 makes so much more sence than the 8 but I might have my blinders on.

I still dont understand the FZ8in the line up. I think they should have just made the FZ1N available here. For me the 1 makes so much more sence than the 8 but I might have my blinders on.

Honestly I think me crashing my bike and going for the naked conversion was the best thing that could have happened. I originally only liked the half faired fazers, but after being forced to ride the naked bike I like it a lot more. The only real loss is that I can't tuck in and get under the wind at over 110 mph. Which in reality I shouldn't be doing anyway.

I think the reason Fz1 sales are not as good as they could be is that it hasn't had an update since 2006. I mean most car manufacturers will only let a particual model generation go that long before it changes. The bike manufacturers seem to do it in half the time.

I wonder if the people at Yamaha are smart enough to have someone read the threads about what people do to their bikes. I mean it took 2 years in the US and 3 years overall before they fixed the Fz8 suspension up. I mean that is something that should be done in 1 to 2 model years.

What confuse's me about why they did the 8 at least here is it is the same bike as the 1 to the 95% mark then less suspension and less motor for what a grand less than a new 1 or more than a left over 1. I just dont see it.

What confuse's me about why they did the 8 at least here is it is the same bike as the 1 to the 95% mark then less suspension and less motor for what a grand less than a new 1 or more than a left over 1. I just dont see it.

Maybe it is the fear of the liter bike and Yamaha is tapping into that market of people just not mentally ready to get on a liter bike?

I can tell you that I posted my same questions on the Fz8 forum as I did on this forum about making the purchase of a new bike. Not one single person showed any reservation about getting on to an 8 even after crashing an Fz6. In fact they were all like it will be the best bike you ever get. On this forum it was a 50/50 of people showing deep concern for my safety/sanity and the rest were like you're a big boy buy what you want. So, obviously it is a little more accessible/viable of an option for most riders both experienced and inexperienced.

Most the motovloggers love the 8 as well, because it gives the warm and fuzzies an a little more comfortable package than something like an R6 or ZX6R.

Those motovloggers are all newbs or goof balls, don't rely on what they say any more than you would trust the sushi in Botswana ;)

I've gathered/gleaned that much so far. But, I'm still a newb and can relate to a lot of what they have to say. The only thing that I don't get about them is they are not pushing hard to better their riding, at least a lot of them aren't it seems.

It's still a good way to mess around on an afternoon.

Back