Yosh header on the way

Jamieb

I have been advised by many on this forum to get the Yosh header to go with my Slip on due to my constant grumbling about the midrange. I just couldn't bring myself to pay almost $600 for a new header and mid pipe. It just so happens that while cruising Ebay the other day I came across a used one for a buy it now price of $195. I figured what the heck and made a best offer bid of $125 and believe it or not they took it. Now I just have to wait 3-9 business days whilst chewing off my fingernails with anticipation. Can't wait to see the difference!

I have been advised by many on this forum to get the Yosh header to go with my Slip on due to my constant grumbling about the midrange. I just couldn't bring myself to pay almost $600 for a new header and mid pipe. It just so happens that while cruising Ebay the other day I came across a used one for a buy it now price of $195. I figured what the heck and made a best offer bid of $125 and believe it or not they took it. Now I just have to wait 3-9 business days whilst chewing off my fingernails with anticipation. Can't wait to see the difference!

Word of caution...I don't think the link pipe that came with the Yosh slip-on is going to bolt up to the Yosh headers. You may end up having to make some mods to make the header with the slip-on.

Word of caution...I don't think the link pipe that came with the Yosh slip-on is going to bolt up to the Yosh headers. You may end up having to make some mods to make the header with the slip-on.

Thanks for the advice, I had read that somewhere before and I have already talked to Yoshimura and apparently they have made a few changes along the way and they need the #'s off of the header and the Muffler to provide the right one. I will look at it when it gets here and maybe Fab something up. I just noticed you live in Northern Jersey, where at? I was born up there and grew to the ripe old age of 12 in Nutley.

Thanks for the advice, I had read that somewhere before and I have already talked to Yoshimura and apparently they have made a few changes along the way and they need the #'s off of the header and the Muffler to provide the right one. I will look at it when it gets here and maybe Fab something up. I just noticed you live in Northern Jersey, where at? I was born up there and grew to the ripe old age of 12 in Nutley.

Well I hope you end up not having to buy the link pipe from Yosh because it will be well over $100.

I currently live in Kearny so I'm just across the river from where you grew up.

Will do! Just in the waiting mode now. It is coming from California USPS so it is expected to be 3-9 days. Been a week since I won the auction so hopefully it will be here this week.

When I got my full Yoshi header it came with a new link pipe. My bike already had a Yoshi slip on with a different Yoshi link pipe that worked with the stock headers. A good Muffler shop should be able to hook you up with a link pipe to work if yours doesn't. Or give Yoshi a call and see what they want for one. The Yoshi stuff does have a really nice finish. But you could also have one made and get it re-coated.

Are you goin to sell your gutted header??

If anyone wants my gutted header PM me! The Yosh header came in today and it looks great! It is a little dirty but as I said before, I'm a rider not a rubber! Got it installed this evening. The difference in the mid pipe is only that the factory header is larger than the Yosh. I cut 8 .100" slots and compressed it down to fit and it has no leaks and fits fine. I won't have time to ride it till Wednesday but I will report back then.

I must say that I am pretty impressed so far. Bolted on the pipe, made no other changes and it definately seems more peppy in the midrange. I am going to try a few different maps and play with removing the flies and see if I can improve it a little more. So far I would have to say that you guys were right and it is alot better. Thanks for the advice!

I must say that I am pretty impressed so far. Bolted on the pipe, made no other changes and it definately seems more peppy in the midrange. I am going to try a few different maps and play with removing the flies and see if I can improve it a little more. So far I would have to say that you guys were right and it is alot better. Thanks for the advice!

1st gear power wheelies should happen a lot easier now :sport12:

Back