Yoshi R77 slip on help

Just got a yoshi r77 slip on...now just want to make sure for proper installation of this muffler. I have to remove servo motor cables and gut the cat..but leave servo motor in place so no error codes...correct?
thanks in advance

I wouldn't gut the cat unless you are putting on a power commander or equivalent with the new can. Just my opinion. If you gut the cat and don't do the ais your gonna get alot of popping. May still pop without the cat mod but not nearly as much with the cat left in. With just a slip on and leaving the cat in the header you shouldn't need a pcV, when you start gutting the cat and doing the airbox mod your definitely going to need more fuel. So basically the next step after just putting on a can should be pcV, cat gut, and ais block off plates all at once and if you want to cut on your airbox the air box mod. No sense in opening the exhaust up if you don't open up the air box. Yes, just take the cables out of the servo and put it back together, you can buy a servo motor eliminator but leaving the motor in is free and won't hurt anything.

Last edited:
To gut or not to gut? That is the question. If you think that you might get headers, then leave it alone. If your not going to get headers, I would gut it.

ok weekend project and I think Ill leave the cat in...like you suggested..dont want popping and not sure how much further i want to go with it right now....
and this way I shouldnt have to remap or rejet correct?

thanks again

Last edited:
ok weekend project and I think Ill leave the cat in...like you suggested..dont want popping and not sure how much further i want to go with it right now....
and this way I shouldnt have to remap or rejet correct?

thanks again

Takes all of 5 minutes to remove the slip-on, so if you decide to gut the cat later its no big deal.

Back