08 vs. 09

Hey guys,

I am shopping for my first FZ1 and while I know the 2010 bikes are the same as 09's except for a re-mapping of the fuel injection to produce more low end torque, can anyone tell me if there is any difference from an 08 to an 09. I've found a pretty good deal on a new 08 and don't have a lot of time to do in depth research. Any thoughts? Thanks.

The 08 and 09 are identical with zero changes outside of color options. If you can get a new '08, you're into the same bike as the '09 for less money. I'd jump on it is it is a significant savings. :tup:

Yea, just comes down to which color you prefer. There was a price increase with the 09's so that makes the 08's even more attractive.

it also depends on weather you are going to keep it more than a year or not too like i bought a leftover 07 in 09 for a steal but resale is horrible on it even though it has 1200 miles the most ive been offered trade in within 100 miles is 5200!! where as if i wouldve got a leftover 08 it would be worth more toward trade..but thats just my two cents...my fz is for sale still by the way ;)

Back