100,000 Mile Club

Fair play, that's a pretty high mileage figure there!

It must've taken you forever to do the 100k at the speed you ride though, it's taken 3 minutes just to do a mile looking at your pictures ;) :lol:

Seriously though, I'm impressed that you've managed that kind of mileage with the original clutch and no mechanical failures.
How many sets of tyres have you gone through?
Also, have you had to replace any headbearings, wheelbearings or suspension bearings?

Tortise and Hare

Fair play, that's a pretty high mileage figure there!

It must've taken you forever to do the 100k at the speed you ride though, it's taken 3 minutes just to do a mile looking at your pictures ;) :lol:

Seriously though, I'm impressed that you've managed that kind of mileage with the original clutch and no mechanical failures.
How many sets of tyres have you gone through?
Also, have you had to replace any headbearings, wheelbearings or suspension bearings?

Lost track of the tires. Headbearings changed at 90k. Forks replaced thereafter. Purchased swingarm/wheelbearings have yet to install them..

Sept 25th, 2010 - the 10k milestone

Here's a pic off the cell finally! Unfortunately, it hit this mark in a heavily wooded area in the White Mountains with nothing around to call it a picturesque scene.

attachment.php

This really makes me happy knowing I bought a vehicle that can last, especially since there is no other bike on the road that suits me as well as the FZ1!

Longevity

This really makes me happy knowing I bought a vehicle that can last, especially since there is no other bike on the road that suits me as well as the FZ1!

Yamaha has built some bullet proof engines in their history, like the FJ 600 and XJ 650 engines, know to easily exceed 100,000 miles. To bad the electrical systems back in the 80's were not as reliable, or my 25 year old FZ-600 would still be doing duty as a track bike (in the classic division) Still didn't burn oil and had perfect compression after all that time, before the rotor quit.

The way I keep machines I may yet see if the FZ is up to that (If I live long enough).:confused:

It's good to know that these bikes will reach these mileage easily with no real issues. Makes me glad I picked this bike as a keeper. My next bike will be an addition to the FZ1 rather than a replacement.

Attaboy Harra ! Man your ass must be numb lol my best friend has a gen1 03 with 90,000 on it and he has only changed brake pads ,tires,chain and sprockets. Not even plugs wich I bitched about but she still goes like a raped ape

I guess you'd be the guy to ask about seats. Is that a Corbin? I couldn't tell from the pics. How many seats have you been through? Which brands have you had and what is the best for you?

It looks like your gas tank got a little fuller between 99,999 and 100,000. :confused0024:

Wish I lived somewhere I could ride year round. Congrats on the Iron Butt! :Rockon: Stay safe.

I guess you'd be the guy to ask about seats. Is that a Corbin? I couldn't tell from the pics. How many seats have you been through? Which brands have you had and what is the best for you?

It looks like your gas tank got a little fuller between 99,999 and 100,000. :confused0024:

Wish I lived somewhere I could ride year round. Congrats on the Iron Butt! :Rockon: Stay safe.

I had the OEM for 6 months. Bought a Corbin. Felt too hard. Ran OEM gel up to a couple months ago. The cover of the OEM gel was starting to tear so threw the Corbin back on. I think I'll have the gel recovered and reworked this winter. If that doesn't suit me I think the Top Saddlerie is the next option. Shape of the Corbin is great, and I like it when I'm canyon riding. OEM gel is not too bad for daily commute -80 mi. For long rides I don't have a great reccomendation.. Harra

Great stuff mate, she looks good for the mileage. Ive just got myself a fz1 and have put 1500 miles on her this month, Have some way to go to get near your mileage.. :icon_beer:

Back