2007 Hyosung GT250r

Brad that looks good so far. However, I do share your concerns about the bars hitting the screen and needing longer control cable and possibly brake hoses.

That looks real "Factory" Brad, nice work! It's gonna look great with all the controls back in place. Do they make an aftermarket screen for that bike, maybe something cut a little lower? That may be an option if the bars do hit the screen. Keep the progress pics coming!

P.S. The wife said I could get a photo of her on the bike tomorrow in all her gear! She was sitting on it today and I think she is starting to get excited. She used to say "The other bike" and now she says "My Bike." Woot!

That looks real "Factory" Brad, nice work! It's gonna look great with all the controls back in place. Do they make an aftermarket screen for that bike, maybe something cut a little lower? That may be an option if the bars do hit the screen. Keep the progress pics coming!

I am actually hoping to get some type of touring screen that comes up straighter and gives her a little more protection. No luck so far on that.

I would but I don't see a project section. How about if I move it to "The Bar"?

How about the garage?
2935d1274575052-2007-hyosung-gt250r-garage.jpg

Thanks Adam! Your Johnny on the Spot! Appreciate it.:)

attachment.php

without having to go through the process of creating a new sub-forum, this was already there.....guess I should of used my own post instead of pirating yours....but thanks to Brad for the Snipping lesson....

Last edited by a moderator:
Did a few things this week...

1.) I removed the tank and air-box so that I could get to the couplings for the electronic controls on the bars. I need add about 7" to to the wiring for the controls on the bar. With the bars significantly higher than the original clip-ons there was not enough slack to reposition.
3079d1275860766-2007-hyosung-gt250r-cables.jpg

2.) Ordered longer clutch, throttle and choke cable.

3.) Used my dremel to shave off all the proprietary forms on the throttle tube. Hyosung makes grips that are formed to ridges in the throttle tube. I assume this is done to prevent the grip from slipping. Anyway, with the throttle tube stock after market grips to not fit well at all. In the photo above the tube is already modified and my new grip installed.

4.) Cut the screen to accommodate the new bars lock to lock. Still need to sand and smooth out the cuts a bit a bit but I think it came out very good. To sand I will use progressively finer sand paper until I get the look I want. I may use some door trim to line the edge of I am not happy after sanding. I also used the dremel for this making one cut at a time around a shape I had taped off with pin stripe.
BEFORE PHOTO
2933d1274559209-2007-hyosung-gt250r-dsc00709.jpg

AFTER PHOTOS
3081d1275861346-2007-hyosung-gt250r-dsc00826.jpg

3080d1275861346-2007-hyosung-gt250r-dsc00825.jpg

Also, got words from my friends that embroidery should be done this week for the rear seat. They are doing one embroidered and a second in vinyl. They are afraid the embroidery will tear in the size I want. We will see.the vinyl for the rear seat.

Last edited:
This is coming along great. Is she still excited about the bike? Looking like you should be able to wrap it all up sooner than later Brad. Well done!! :tup:

Brake lines....

The front brakes on the bike have a single line from the master cylinder to a T-connection that branches of to each of the front calipers. The single line connected to the master cylinder is to short and I need to replace it.

When I remove this line is it Ok to leave things disconnected for a few days or should I cap any openings there may be? I have never messed with brake lines before and I do not want to screw anything up.

This is coming along great. Is she still excited about the bike? Looking like you should be able to wrap it all up sooner than later Brad. Well done!! :tup:

Well we are in no hurry at the moment. It is to hot for her to even try to ride right now. She gets bad migraines when it gets hot out. Looks like I have until fall to get it all done. Though I am eager to ride it myself. :) We have a group here that goes on exclusive 250 rides. It is kind of fun to ride around all day at 10,000 + RPMs. :)

The front brakes on the bike have a single line from the master cylinder to a T-connection that branches of to each of the front calipers. The single line connected to the master cylinder is to short and I need to replace it.

When I remove this line is it Ok to leave things disconnected for a few days or should I cap any openings there may be? I have never messed with brake lines before and I do not want to screw anything up.

Provided you have no fluid in the lines I would definitely cap up the ends to keep any dust or foreign matter from entering. When I did my calipers I used a clean, lint free rag and taped it around the ends with the banjo bolts inserted.

Last night I lengthened the electrical connections on throttle side by 7". It ended up being a tad bit to long. No worries as I can easily bundle the 3 extra inches. I will measure a little better tonight for the clutch side electrical connections. I will post pics as soon as that is done as it will allow me to mock up the entire bar and all controls. Still waiting for the clutch, throttle and choke cable replacements.

The electrical controls on both sides do not clamp top the bar. The have a plastic pin on the inside that drops in to a hole to keep it stationary. The GT250 bar came with some holes pre-drilled but they were no where close to being where I needed them for the GT250r controls. I spaces everything out so that the bars are just about 5/8" inside the grip. The bar ends will take up the slack. Photos of that tonight also.

Last edited:
Ok before I show photos of my soldering expertise.....

I got the vinyl with the embroidery today. Our friends ended up doing it gratis.

Here is a photo of the rear seat before. I hate the way the lip sticks out towards the front. I want to shave it so that it slopes back like most sport bikes.
3105d1276212122-2007-hyosung-gt250r-before.jpg

Here is a photo after I removed the original vinyl before I cut it.
3106d1276212122-2007-hyosung-gt250r-foam-before.jpg

Here is a shot of the bit I cut off. Just used my electric carving knife.
3107d1276212122-2007-hyosung-gt250r-foam-cut.jpg

Here is the seat newly wrapped.
3108d1276212122-2007-hyosung-gt250r-done.jpg

Here is a shot of it on the bike.
3109d1276212122-2007-hyosung-gt250r-bike.jpg

From the top it looks great. I did a horrible job with the staples. Good news is I had 2 made. If this one starts to tear from my handiwork I will take it in to a professional shop to reupholster. Good news is tomorrow is her birthday so everything got done just in time.

Last edited:
The finished product looks great Brad. Really nice work! I wouldn't mind having an FZ-1 done on the rear of my seat in red. It looks really cool. Keep the updates coming.

I am thinking about having them do that for me. If I do I will show the results and let you know how much they charge.

Back