2008 FZ1 dyno graph results w/PC3 map

AF1 is simply the best, Micah is the master.

Fred are you using the PCIII or the PCV? I'm going to buy a Power Commander in the next few weeks. Any chance of trying your map out?

Hey Pete!!! You have a FZ1....great to know that. Did you sell the Buell?

I am using the PC3. Micah is the best...I also test rode their Aprilla 125 GP racer at their store. It was the most nimble bike I have ever tried, but you really have to get the RPM really high to make it move.

Just e-mailed you the new map.

Fred

Last edited:
Wait... is this the same Fred that was on the FZ6 site or another Texas Fred?

Thanks for the input! If you don't mind, it would be great to have your map added to the Duken/whittlebeast pack and if you could list all mods with it?

Nice!!

Hey Pete!!! You have a FZ1....great to know that. Did you sell the Buell?

I am using the PC3. Micah is the best...I also test rode their Aprilla 125 GP racer at their store. It was the most nimble bike I have ever tried, but you really have to get the RPM really high to make it move.

Just e-mailed you the new map.

Fred

Hey Fred - Thanks for the map. I still have the Buell but I'm getting it ready for sale. I've sold all of the mods and I wrestling the OEM muffler back on, ugh.

I love that RS125. Once I get the Buell sold, the FZ modded a little I'm looking for a dedicated track bike. I'd really like an RS250, but an RS125 might be a good options too. I really like two strokes.

Eric - Rider1A is "Other Fred" or "Fred Sr." Fred is Fred, or Fred Jr. :) If you look up the camp our photo from last Oct on the FZ6 site, Fred Sr. and Fred Jr. are in the photos with Kilbane, Rachelle, and me. That was a fun weekend.

For the record, Ivan's is not the manufacturer of the air box mod. A rider (Lars) started this years ago. Also, the FCE does work, dyno numbers or not. I had the fuel cut on my new 08 as well, and it was terrible. The PCV will not cure it, as I did the same. If you rev it hard to 10k, for example, back off the throttle completely and let it wind down to say, 7k, then reapply throttle, you might still find it to be there.

There's no BS with Ivan. None at all. Waaay the other way.

I've read this earlier with a sceptical eye since this is a manufacturer of mods. Also the slow throttle response was solved on the 06 models. I have a 08 an no such problem. The fuel cut off is still there and almost trows you off the bike when driving in the city. I solved this by installing a PCV with PC's map number M22-015-001 (stock bike). No other mod is done. I have no dyno test on this and waiting for May and the first track day to test this properly.

/AGM

Just got back from dyno and my FZ1 produced 152,3 RWhp. Torque was 114,7 Nm.

I was quite suprised. The bike only has Leovince slip-on and PC3. I think the dyno was a bit optimistic, but it makes me feel gooooood, so I don't care :D

E: The bike was really lean with the PC3 Leovince map. And it improved a lot, revs better, and so on...

That seems a little optimistic, 152 hp and 85 ft lb of torque out of an fz1 with those mods seems a little high. According to charts I've seen the stock bike starts with 130 hp and 65 ft lb torque so I wouldn't think you could get those gains with just a pipe and PC. Are you sure those are accurate numbers?

I did my bike to the dealer this week and get ik back with 145 hp and 105 NM torque .The bike ride really great now.
The mods i did were :
-pc3
-arrow headers
-akrapovic silencer
-airbox mod

Greetz from Belgium
Marc

I did my bike to the dealer this week and get ik back with 145 hp and 105 NM torque .The bike ride really great now.
The mods i did were :
-pc3
-arrow headers
-akrapovic silencer
-airbox mod

Greetz from Belgium
Marc

Marc, did you do a dyno run before the headers?

Marc, did you do a dyno run before the headers?

No, i did not. But the bike feels really good now.Better than for the run. The torque is more important to me than the hp at high revs. And that is now good. A have 90NM at 4000rpm and that goes slowly up to around 105NM at 9000rpm.

grtz Marc

That seems a little optimistic, 152 hp and 85 ft lb of torque out of an fz1 with those mods seems a little high. According to charts I've seen the stock bike starts with 130 hp and 65 ft lb torque so I wouldn't think you could get those gains with just a pipe and PC. Are you sure those are accurate numbers?

My 09 with an airbox. Pay no attention to the high number. lol

graph.jpg

Back