2nd Gen Aftermarket Part Questions

What's the extra piece called that's below the upper fairing and the gas tank in the pic? More importantly, where can it be bought and how much does it cost?

2csf90h.jpg

Those are called sport scoops. I had them on my bike for a while before I went with the full fairings. They are only available in a few colors and you must buy them from overseas as they were never offered as an accessory here in the US. I got mine form here. This is what my bike used to look like ;)

Those are called sport scoops. I had them on my bike for a while before I went with the full fairings. They are only available in a few colors and you must buy them from overseas as they were never offered as an accessory here in the US. I got mine form here. This is what my bike used to look like ;)

Thanks. Thats very similar to the look that I'm going for.

(edit)

I've been checking the price on these things and they are OUTRAGEOUS!!!!

Last edited:
I would say they do add a little "flash" to the bike, but for darned near $400 I could add some parts that really make the bike a better bike, not just a flashier one. If you really want a fared bike, there are plenty that come that way from the factory, and a lot cheaper on a per part basis.

Thanks. Thats very similar to the look that I'm going for.

(edit)

I've been checking the price on these things and they are OUTRAGEOUS!!!!

I would say they do add a little "flash" to the bike, but for darned near $400 I could add some parts that really make the bike a better bike, not just a flashier one. If you really want a fared bike, there are plenty that come that way from the factory, and a lot cheaper on a per part basis.

I agree that they are not cheap, but certainly give the bike a unique look. Right now factoring shipping and the current exchange rate you're looking at around $310 USD.

Back