Another new Aussie

Hi all, I'm a new FZ1S rider! Well I pick the bike up in 2 weeks time, which is when I can get to the dealer to grab it.
It's a 2008 model, Blue with silver motor. Zero K's (or miles) on it, never left the show room.
I've been riding on and off since 1999. My last bike was a YZF1000R which i bought new in 2000. Damn nice bike it was too.
Hope to learn lots off you guys and gals. Maybe even contribute if i'm lucky.
I'll try to put up a pic or too of the actual bike soon.

Cheers!

Picked up the bike today. Here are some pics of it with about 20Kms on the speedo.

IMG_0068sml.jpg

IMG_0067sml.jpg

IMG_0066sml.jpg

IMG_0065sml.jpg

Last edited:
Nice ride Scotty! Excellent choice in color! ;)

Brad, those look just like my signals. Maybe the dealer did something to your bike? :eek: :D

What's in store for mods on the bike Scotty?

Cheers!!!

Hey Scotty,

Nice bike. I am down in Wagga Wagga but havent been riding much, this summer its either been 44 degrees (111 fahrenheit, for the rest of you) or recently it has been raining.

I recently bought an 08 build FZ1N and was suprised to see your engine being silver. mine is all black, so i am wondering why Yamaha dont just keep the one colour.

Enjoy your ride!!

Matt

She is a beauty. Are those stock turn signals? They look much smaller than what we get on the US versions.

Yep their stock.

Gave it two coats of Maguiars Gold Class Canauba wax today.

No plans as yet, I'm just enjoying the bike. I do have a set of Michelin Pilot Road 2's paid for and set aside for later.

Gotta fit some Oggy Knobbs when they come in.

Might stick some LED globes in the front park lamps in the top corners of the headlights.

Last edited:
Welcome onboard, you know about the great motor then with your past bike. I think when all's said and done, this will be more an 'all-day' bike, stay safe Cuz...

Scotty,

g'day from the other side of the pond. Check out my albumn you might see some familiar sights if youve spent in time in Vic.
If not there are some great roads (that I sure do miss) in the Licola/Dargo area - actually anywhere in the Vic Alps.
Enjoy the bike and have a VB for me!..

Thanks, no i've never seen country vic, wouldn't mind doing some touring on the bike down there though.
I like your FZ1 pic with the phantom the best! I'm rather partial to the old phantom!

you'll have to get some pics of the "motherland" up in your albumn so I can drool over the great places in Oz.

Yeah, the phantoms are pretty cool - nearly as cool as an F1-11...

Hi Scott, good to see you on board. Where are you located? I'm on the Gold coast and I'll be riding down round Ninbin on Saturday morning if you fancy a ride.

Take care and enjoy what is a great bike.

Hi Scott, good to see you on board. Where are you located? I'm on the Gold coast and I'll be riding down round Ninbin on Saturday morning if you fancy a ride.

Take care and enjoy what is a great bike.

Hi, thanks for the offer. But I have to work this weekend and I'm down in newcastle. Thats a bit far for me at this stage. Thanks for the offer anyway. I'm not that game to venture out too far as yet.
Hope you get good weather for the weekend though. Newy is going to be clear and around 26 to 28 deg this weekend. I'll be riding to and from work, that will be all the riding I'll probably get done this weekend.
Yes, a really great bike. I have to agree.

Hi Deee Blue, i'm also located on the gold coast. I have an FZ1s 2008. Mods- K&n air filter, fender eliminator, GYTR carbon fibre slip on, and will be going down a tooth on the front sprocket this week.

Back