Another Off and Welcome Back?

Long time no talk, life has not hit the brakes for me in several, SEVERAL months. 3 family deaths, put my 7 year old dog down, and more recently, filed for divorce.

A few weeks ago I was merging into a lane on the freeway and a truck came from my left and changed lanes erratically, clipping my front tire as I tried to dip away from him. Went down at 60 mph in the middle lane of I-10, Arizona's busiest Interstate. After rolling/tumbling for about 100 feet, I looked up out of my visor to notice a car passing my head at a good 60mph. Scariest moment of my life. Jumped up and ran off the freeway then made sure everyone would stop, then walked out to the middle lane and picked up the bike and walked it to the median.

One person, seriously ONE person stopped, and it wasn't the person that hit me (he took off). She had told me he was drivng erratically for miles and had no lights whatsoever (it was 5am). No headlights, no taillights, no turn signals.

I told her I'd be okay and dismissed her (after she told me she is a hugger and gave me a hug). I didn't realize until after she left that my phone had flown out of my pocket and was in the middle of the freeway somewhere.

Tried waving down 3 different DPS (Department of Public Saftey - State Cops) Officers, one actually waved at me as he drove by. It was at that time I realized I didn't have much of a choice, I had to ride my bike the rest of the way to work. I rolled it back, made sure it wasn't leaking any fluid, then fiddled with it for 15 minutes before it would start. Rode it in pretty destroyed (pictures when I get home).

I was okay. Deep bone/muscle bruising. Bruised Bladder (ugh, super pain).

Glad to be back with you guys as the Kawasaki Forums are TERRIBLE.

Had my gun on but I have yet mastered the Matrix roll and shoot technique.

Maybe when the Gen 3 comes out. Kawi's getting fixed and I'm not a huge fan of the Gen 2.

Oh man sorry to hear about all of your recent misfortunes :( Hopefully that's the end of them.

That really sucked about the accident and all things considered you are pretty lucky to be alive. Glad you're back :tup:

It's great that you came out of it alive. I was on that stretch of I-10 last summer during rush hour. we just rolled into town and I was looking for my turn off, while trying to be in the correct lane. It was terrible in a car, I wouldn't want to go there on a bike. Those people are crazy. Being retired, I can pick when and where I ride.

Hey Dustin, sorry to hear about your family losses, your dog, your divorce, and your terrible crash. I hope you heal up soon and I'm glad it wasn't worse. I hope that this year brings you some nice changes! Feel better buddy!

First, glad to have you here AT ALL!! I'm very sorry to hear of all that has happened to you. 2011 was far from my banner year as well so I'm really looking forward to a great 2012 myself. Much the same as you, I lost my Mom and two of her brothers in a short 49 day period and in the middle of this had to put down our cat of almost 22 years. We had a rough go of life all year with many problems but we've made it through and will live for tomorrow.

You have my deepest and sincere condolences for all your losses. I hope that you have nothing but the best of luck moving forward. It's hard to look at the positive side of anything when you're surrounded by so much grief and troubles but do what you can to remain positive about what tomorrow brings to you. It helps a lot to always look forward to something positive. Take care and keep writing. We're a good shoulder to lean on!!

For sure. The losses were the hardest, the divorce . . .well. . . If you've been there, you'd understand. I'm off to bigger and better things while she can rot in a pool of acid. :-D

Thank goodness no kids/house to dispute over.

And, on the plus, I've lost almost 40lbs since December 27th. Started the "Paleo Solution" that same day. I haven't felt this good, healthy, energetic, and cheerful in years.

For sure. The losses were the hardest, the divorce . . .well. . . If you've been there, you'd understand. I'm off to bigger and better things while she can rot in a pool of acid. :-D

Thank goodness no kids/house to dispute over.

And, on the plus, I've lost almost 40lbs since December 27th. Started the "Paleo Solution" that same day. I haven't felt this good, healthy, energetic, and cheerful in years.

Wow! 40lbs! Please tell me more about this Paleo thing buddy. I started Jan. 3rd and I'm down 13 pounds so far but I have hit a wall it seems. Because of my heart attack, I can't go too heavy on the workouts but I haven't veered off my diet yet after the first two weeks where I lost 5lbs a week, it slowed way down. Whats your program all about???

FAQ will tell you all you need to know Billy. It isn't a whole lot different than the Weight Watchers power food diet where you don't track points, just live within the power food list and eat within reason. You are guaranteed to lose weight.

Paleo Overview

The Paleo diet is simple yet remarkably effective for fat loss and halting or preventing a number of degenerative diseases. To reap the benefits of the most effective nutritional strategy known, one need simply build meals from the following:

Lean proteins (ideally) grass fed meat, free range fowl and wild caught fish
Seasonal fruits and vegetables
Healthy fats such as nuts, seeds, avocado, olive oil, and coconut oil

Glad to hear you are OK, Whats the world coming to? I have heard more incidents of hit and runs and people failing to render aid than I ever have. Well regardless I will always stop and make sure everything's OK, Even if no one else does. What comes around goes around.

That is crazy man, so glad you did not get run over, seeing a car that close to my head would freak me out.

I would say I am shocked the driver did not pull over, but I really am not shocked, too many selfish idiots on the roads these days.

Glad you are ok.

Hi Timebombz :welcome: BACK and I'm glad you escaped the near miss. I'm sorry for your misfortunates past year, but I'll join Eric and the rest in wishing you a much better 2012....

Dang . . .

First of all: Sorry for your loses. That crash (geeeze) is down-right scary. No two ways about that!
So glad you are on the mend and you seem to have a good recovery attitude.
As said before, :welcome: back Dustin !

Sorry for your loses, but glad that we can welcome you back to the forum. Cell phones are a great invention, unfortunately when people break down on the road now everybody passing by expects them to have a working cell phone so they don't bother to stop. Myself growing up when and where I did still stop just to make sure. I'd rather stop for no reason, than leave someone stranded when I could have helped. Here's hoping for a better 2012!

Billy, it's insanely awesome. Do yourself the favor and read his book though, The Paleo Solution.

It's not a dry boring science book, he actually puts a good spin of humor on it. You'll start looking at the food you eat now as poison.

I haven't felt this good, healthy, energetic, and down right YOUNG in 10 years.

Billy, it's insanely awesome. Do yourself the favor and read his book though, The Paleo Solution.

It's not a dry boring science book, he actually puts a good spin of humor on it. You'll start looking at the food you eat now as poison.

I haven't felt this good, healthy, energetic, and down right YOUNG in 10 years.

Thanks Bud. I'm going to do just that. I'll let you know what I think of it. I'm down 15 pounds now but have hit a brick wall. I need to up the exercise a little because I guess at 50 years old, the weight isn't coming off as fast as it used to.

I am deeply sorry for all your loses, and your horrible accident. I'm glad you made it through all of that. Your accident is just another reminder that as motorcyclists, no level of riding skills can make up for all the idiot cagers out there. I wish you the best and am glad your injuries weren't any worse.

Sadly, I'm not surprised that most motorists didn't stop, but to have 3 cops roll by and the most help you received was having 1 just wave is infuriating! That's just ridiculous. :wtf:

Anyway, I'm glad you are back here. I know what you mean about other forums. My wife has a 2009 Ninja 250r and I had enjoyed this forum for a few months before she bought her bike. I looked around for a Ninja 250 forum that she might enjoy as well, but I swear everyone on there was a 16 year old with a chip on his shoulder trying to prove he had the biggest e-penis. :shaking head: (I could go on forever, but I'm sure you know what I mean) I can't thank the moderators and Admin here enough for keeping everything so friendly and open. :cheers: The Z1000 and Ninja 1000 are great bikes. Yamaha has some catching up to do. I hope you are back up and riding again soon. Stay safe, happy and healthy. :shine:

Back