Anyone have PCIII USB Map that will....

Hey all. I don't know if it can even be done, but instead of Ivan's FCE or AIS block-off plates, does anyone have a map for the Power Commander that will eliminate the popping on decel?

I thought someone might have found a way to tune it out through changes in the fueling map.

I installed a PCIII USB on the bike yesterday to complement the slip-on, and with the Dynojet map I selected it's making great power, but I still have the popping on decel.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Brian

You will definitely have to block or remove the AIS. After that you may or may not still experience some popping on decel depending on your PCIII map. There are easy, practically free ways to plug the AIS system without having to buy the plates if you do a search.

as gearhead82 says, blocking the AIS is really the only way to stop it !!
i did it by getting a long round head bolt and putting a few small nuts on it. then all u do is remove the tube on the bottom left of the air box, pop the bolt with nuts in the pipe about an inch down, just so there is a little of the bolt still sticking out to make removal easy, then use a jubalee clip to hold the bolt in place. the tube can then be stuck back onto the airbox for neatness and hey presto !!! Give this a go, it really works a treat and costs next to nothing !!!
Hit me back if you get stuck and i'll show u the set-up

Seth

Yep, I did basically the same thing as Seth. I found a 3/8" (or maybe 5/16") allen head bolt about 1" long. Since it had a round head and fit snugly in the tube, all I had to do was shove it down in there far enough to be able to re-connect the hose to the corner of the airbox. I put a hose clamp around the hose where the bolt was just to make sure it didn't go anywhere. It got rid of 90% of the popping but I still get a little bit during decel from high rpm with the map I'm running. Before I installed my PCV the popping was almost completely gone. I've heard the FCE will take care of the rest of it for me.

I plan to get some block off plates and remove the whole system eventually. Probably when I change out my spark plugs since it looks like removing it will make that job much easier.

Thanks guys. I've seen the threads about blocking the AIS, but just wasn't sure if there was a way to just map it out with the PCIII. Also, Gearhead, I didn't know you could put a PC-V on anything prior to 2009...

I looked into the FCE as well, but I just have a very hard time cutting into my stock wiring and having no warranty on the item if you solder it in as it should be. Too many things just didn't make sense to me, including the cost, so I went for the PCIII USB and hoped I could remedy the issue and get some gains as well.

This is a whole new thing to me. I've always simply tuned for max power and not worried about any noise, but since this is not a track bike and I simply want to ride without alarming the world to my presence, I really just want to resolve the poppinig issue.

I'm sure the AIS Block-Off plates would do a TON to remedy this, but I don't want to go through all of that labor to install them. I'll probably try the quick fix Gear and Seth have suggested here.

Thanks guys! We'll figure it out.

Brian

I'm sure the AIS Block-Off plates would do a TON to remedy this, but I don't want to go through all of that labor to install them. I'll probably try the quick fix Gear and Seth have suggested here.

Brian

The block off plates are purely cosmetic. The cheap fix is just as effective.

Thanks guys. I've seen the threads about blocking the AIS, but just wasn't sure if there was a way to just map it out with the PCIII. Also, Gearhead, I didn't know you could put a PC-V on anything prior to 2009...

Wish you had asked before you bought the PC III, although it will work just fine. PC V is smaller so easier to fit on our bikes which are already tight for space. Also you don't need to power it with a 9V battery if the bike is not running. Even though Dynojet's site says the PC V is for the 2009-up it fits all Gen II FZ1s. I think this was done to comply with some sort of emissions law (my only guess). I have one on my '06. Also you may want to try a map other than the Dynojet ones. I found their maps to be pretty much useless. Take a look at the Stage I and II that I have attached from Duken on the other site. He has a few more, but one of these should work out well for your mods.

Even though Dynojet's site says the PC V is for the 2009-up it fits all Gen II FZ1s. I think this was done to comply with some sort of emissions law (my only guess).

I can't remember where I read it, but somebody talked to Dynojet and said that the reason they advertise the PCV for only '09 and up is because they have a bunch of leftover PCIII they they need to sell.

I can't remember where I read it, but somebody talked to Dynojet and said that the reason they advertise the PCV for only '09 and up is because they have a bunch of leftover PCIII they they need to sell.

Yea, I wouldn't doubt it if there is some truth to that. DJ could just have reduced the price of the PC III and that would have helped them sell it even more. Look at what the helmet companies do when they discontinue a particular model. Price reduction always works very well to move out old inventory.

Try putting this into your 0 throttle pos through the software given to you when you bought the pc package.

These are the numbers corisponding to each rpm. With this on my 08 model it only pops a couple of times on decel around 3,000rpm from full throttle

I think it is better then blocking off a hose that allows air or fumes to be released from your engine.

0.0.-10.-10.-10.-2.-2.0.8.8.8.8.8.8.8.8.8.8.10.10.10.10.10.10.10.10.10.10.10.10.10.10.10.10.10.10.10.10.10.10.10.10.10.10.10.10.10.0.0.0.0.

give it a try

I think it is better then blocking off a hose that allows air or fumes to be released from your engine.

Actually, that's not what the AIS does. The AIS pumps air from your airbox into your exhaust ports. The oxygen in that air then allows any unburned fuel to ignite inside your exhaust system. It's an emissions thing aimed at burning off those hydrocarbons before they are released into the air.

You might be thinking of the PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) which is the other hose that connects to the airbox. That vents off any pressure/vapors from the crankcase to be sucked into the engine.

This thread has become quite useful. Thanks to all for the input. I will reply to PMs soon.

I did get a great deal on the PCIII, so I'm okay having purchased it for only a little more than a FCE would have cost.

Cooper, I received some similar information from a Dynojet guy about those values in the low throttle positions. What mods are done on your bike, or is it all stock?

Thanks guys, keep the info flowing!

Now I just have to get out there and block the darn hose!

Brian

Okay, an obvious and additional question...

If you simply block the tube from the AIS which is ACTIVELY pumping air through a servo motor, aren't you either going to burn out the motor or create back-pressure that has to end up somewhere?

Thanks for the new map, too!

b

If you simply block the tube from the AIS which is ACTIVELY pumping air through a servo motor, aren't you either going to burn out the motor or create back-pressure that has to end up somewhere?

b
good question !!! i never thought of that ! lol i'm intrigued at the answer to this myself now !! Good thinkin B !

Actually, that's not what the AIS does. The AIS pumps air from your airbox into your exhaust ports.....That vents off any pressure/vapors from the crankcase to be sucked into the engine.

I always thought there was one hose and thought it was the AIS but it dose explain why there are two hoses there when I clean the air filter. never looked into that much besides hearing it on forums and what a mate explained to me.

Blavenia, I have only just reconnected the pc3 recently after gutting the cat and airbox mod. I have found I may richen the mixture a bit since it is popping a little. I am using a setting off the forum its not my orignal from the bike shop. more info in my signiture at bottom of post

b

Yeah, the "right" way to do it would be to disconnect the pump too. I couldn't really get to it with just the airbox removed (I think I would have to go in from the radiator side) so I just left it connected. Since you're plugging the "suction" side of the pump, I doubt it's really doing any harm. It's just pumping nothingness. Kinda like when you put your hand over the end of the shop-vac hose which just takes the load off the vacuum motor since there's no air to pump.

You mean we should disconnect the servo motor?

Not the servo motor, that term is usually used to reference the motor controlling the EXUP valve. You disconnect that w/o using some sort of servo eliminator device (like the Graves one) and it will throw a code.

Brad was referring to the AIS pump. It's safe to disconnect it even if you're not remoning it.

Not the servo motor, that term is usually used to reference the motor controlling the EXUP valve. You disconnect that w/o using some sort of servo eliminator device (like the Graves one) and it will throw a code.

Brad was referring to the AIS pump. It's safe to disconnect it even if you're not remoning it.

What he said!:yes:

Back