Arrow headers

So i finally got my bike back and am going to install the Arrow headers i got from bogie, should I take some Mothers and buff them to a shine before I install them and is there anything I need to know before doing this?

So i finally got my bike back and am going to install the Arrow headers i got from bogie, should I take some Mothers and buff them to a shine before I install them and is there anything I need to know before doing this?

If you get to your local Autozone or PepBoys, try and find this Eagle One Metal Polish. You'll be amazed that how awesome it shines up headers. When Tony installed his Yoshi setup I did his while he worked on something else and I was astounded at the finish.

IMG_2536.jpg

If you get to your local Autozone or PepBoys, try and find this Eagle One Metal Polish. You'll be amazed that how awesome it shines up headers. When Tony installed his Yoshi setup I did his while he worked on something else and I was astounded at the finish.

IMG_2536.jpg

Yea, this Eagle One product is super easy to use and the results are great. It's a wad that is impregnated with the cleaning/polishing agent. Just break of a piece and get started...

These headers are labeled 1-4....is number 1 clutch side or brake side....seems like it would be clutch side

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

These headers are labeled 1-4....is number 1 clutch side or brake side....seems like it would be clutch side

I'm not sure, but why do you need to know? Did the downpipes come out of the collector? If so look on the tubes down by the collector to see if they are labeled. My Yosh R-77 full exhaust had the numbers stamped on the downpipes and the collectors so you knew which pipes went where...

Last edited:
The arrow headers are labeled and they all get pieced together like a puzzle, just thought it might be easier to piece together if I knew left to right or right to left on the bike

The arrow headers are labeled and they all get pieced together like a puzzle, just thought it might be easier to piece together if I knew left to right or right to left on the bike

If you look at the pics earlier in the thread you can tell from the bend of the pipes and location of the tab for the springs where they go. :)

http://www.998cc.org/forum/62247-post37.html

Don't tighten anything up until you have the system fitted. You may need some wiggle room to make it all slip together.

Last edited:
Who is the manufacturer of theese??????? I saw only plastic ones from Graves...

Those velocity stacks are made by Roth Performance. They are very nice, but the Graves work just as well and no one will get to see them anyway (unless they open up the airbox...lol).

Well I just found out the answer so figured I'd post it in case others wanted to know as well. Cylinder #1 is on the clutch side of the bike.

Picked some up...will get them cleaned this week before the install

Got'em on yet? Any pix? impressions of better performance?

I've got the $$ but nervous about letting it go. Another successful install may push me over the edge :D

I got the bike back today from my second go at mapping. I fit 38mm flies so I got the bike mapped again.
Pretty good result this time. 144 HP and 72 Ft/pds torque.
Here's the dyno charts with the chart before mapping, the first map and then the remap from today.

FZ1_RPM.jpg

Are my eyes deceiving me or is there about a 18-20hp gain around 8.4K. It looks like 95-97hp before and 115 after!

FWIW: This "before" run was not an all stock bike, the bike had several of the typical mods and a PC, just not a custom map!!

Last edited:
Are my eyes deceiving me or is there about a 18-20hp gain around 8.4K. It looks like 95-97hp before and 115 after!

FWIW: This "before" run was not an all stock bike, the bike had several of the typical mods and a PC, just not a custom map!!

The bike is super strong in the midrange but you would have to question how it made 20HP just by tuning alone.

The bike is super strong in the midrange but you would have to question how it made 20HP just by tuning alone.

LOL,,,, that's your dyno chart,,, you should know? I did get the story right,,, right?

The Olive green Line = Akrapovic slip-on, Arrow headers and Lars airbox with DNA airfilter Before mapping
The Purple Line = Akrapovic slip-on, Arrow headers and Lars airbox with DNA airfilter with tuned PCV
The Green Line = Same with 38mm flies and remapping

The mods I have atm are:

Arrow headers, Akrapovic carbon Hex open slip-on (3" cut off), Lars airbox mod with DNA air filter, Copperdawg Flies and PCV.

Here is the power run.
The blue line is the power run before mapping and the green line is the mapped power.
Not too shabby for my mods, the midrange power is on par with Yoshimura and I have a couple of extra horses up top.
My mods are Akrapovic slip-on, Arrow headers and Lars airbox with DNA airfilter. That's it.

I got the bike back today from my second go at mapping. I fit 38mm flies so I got the bike mapped again.
Pretty good result this time. 144 HP and 72 Ft/pds torque.
Here's the dyno charts with the chart before mapping, the first map and then the remap from today.

Last edited:
It seems that you've gained a lot of HP in the midrange....15-20 HP is a lot of power.

How does it feel when riding around 7.000 RPM and then opening the throttle?? I bet when you took it for a test drive you were quite suprised??

LOL,,,, that's your dyno chart,,, you should know? I did get the story right,,, right?

The Olive green Line = Akrapovic slip-on, Arrow headers and Lars airbox with DNA airfilter Before mapping
The Purple Line = Akrapovic slip-on, Arrow headers and Lars airbox with DNA airfilter with tuned PCV
The Green Line = Same with 38mm flies and remapping

Yes I know it's my dyno chart but I never realised how much actual HP was made in the midrange until you pointed it out.

Last edited:
It seems that you've gained a lot of HP in the midrange....15-20 HP is a lot of power.

How does it feel when riding around 7.000 RPM and then opening the throttle?? I bet when you took it for a test drive you were quite suprised??

The bike hammers from 7K on, from 5K on it's not too shabby either.

I wouldn't mind ditching the flies altogether and doing another map but I don't have any spare cash atm and besides, the bike is more than fast enough for a naked bike.

That dyno chart is what is making me want to do this. The Peak HP is not that special, I personally have no use for 5 more HP at peak, but that 12-15HP right in the 7-9.5k range is an EPIC change. I bet the thing pulls like a monster now in there.

:)

Back