Bike seems a bit hot

08fazer

Hi
My bike seems to run quite hot.
Its always around 85-95c when riding and if i stop at lights or do some slow filtering then it goes over 100 and the fans cut in.
Just wanted to know if this was normal and what sort of temps your getting

Thanks

Scott

Hi
My bike seems to run quite hot.
Its always around 85-95c when riding and if i stop at lights or do some slow filtering then it goes over 100 and the fans cut in.
Just wanted to know if this was normal and what sort of temps your getting

Thanks

Scott

That range of temps is perfectly normal. In the heat of the summer my 2009 would go as highs as 107C at lights. You are fine.

I'm seeing the temperature in similar ranges when riding in stop-and-go traffic.

I cruised on the freeway at about 80 mph in 50-70F ambient temps and the temp on the bike was in the 170's (F).
Metric Version: I cruised on the freeway at about 128 kph in 10-20C ambient temps and the temp on the bike was between 76 and 82C.

I was wondering about this too i dont drive in traffic much so i havent seen high temps but on the backroads doing 120kmh plus my fz1 has a temp of 71-75c where my zx10r is usually around 65c and can go into the high 50s on a cold day and also my fz1 warms up from a cold start nearly twice as fast, but i guess from reading everybodys posts hot temps are to be expected.

I guess two bikes the same can be quite different ' mine runs around 73-74 on a cool day & will creep in to the 80s on a hot one ,, the fan kicks in in the low 90s never has it reached 100 ,,, but as said as long as the fan is cutting in it should be all good

I guess two bikes the same can be quite different ' mine runs around 73-74 on a cool day & will creep in to the 80s on a hot one ,, the fan kicks in in the low 90s never has it reached 100 ,,, but as said as long as the fan is cutting in it should be all good

On the open road 72 - 76 on cold days, 82 - 86 on hot days. fan kicks in regularly in stop start town traffic at 100.

The only issue that I find is that I often work in Oxford where the traffic is awful, even on a bike, and by the time I get to the car park I have to leave the ignition on for a few minutes to wash the heat out, as it climbs up to 107 when I cut the engine.

Back