Bogie's FZ10 Build Thread

Thanks Bogie.

We are going to replace his brake lines with Hel braided lines, I found that made a big difference in brake performance. We will probably add EBC sintered pads at the same time.

Still looking into Flash options, but having an Idea what they should provide helps. I have the list of what was done to my ECU, but we weren't sure if it needs the same, more or less changes before it gets on the dyno.

Dude!!! Awesome and fitting home "stall" for that iron horse! Well done! If I sell my FZ1 and get the urge to buy a new ride later, the FZ-10 and the BMW S1000R are the two top contenders. The reason I'm leaning on the Beemer is it already has everything OEM I'd be modding on the FZ-10 and for not a lot more money. A hold-over here is under $13k, about the same as the FZ-10. But it's also hard for me to imagine not owning/riding a Yamaha. I've been on Yamaha bikes for all but two Honda rides all my life. And seeing yours all done up right, well, it makes the decision very hard. But that is a bridge many miles away I've yet to cross. I need to focus on the property and getting that retirement home built.

For now, I'll have to live vicariously through you all!

S1000R all the way! Japanese bikes tend to always require fixing in the ECU and suspension department. I scored a super deal on a highly modded S1000R to add to my S1000RR. FZ1 which has been the wife is got to get divorced soon unfortunately. Still don't have the heart to sell it after making it my own for the past 8.5 years.

The R is just so easy to ride that on my first ride on it on THE LOOP I was dragging pegs and running my fast pace - Crazy! The bike is amazingly flickable. I was considering a Tuono V4 but the slew of issues reported on the AF1 forums steered me away. I might still pick one up as they are super cheap used.

S1000R all the way! Japanese bikes tend to always require fixing in the ECU and suspension department. I scored a super deal on a highly modded S1000R to add to my S1000RR. .

The beemers aren't without their faults. I know of 3 bikes locally 1 - S1000R and 2 - S1000RR's that have had motors fail. I also have a friend in Cali that hasn't a single issue with his S1000RR. Any bike can fail. They are machines.......they are not "perfect" like us humans. LOL

The bike that handles like a dream to you may feel unstable to another and require changes for them. Riding style and body size will determine how it handles and feels for most people.

The other thing that makes me giggle online is when I read about the "my dick is bigger than yours" HP number comparisons. Most of us smucks on the road aren't any where near capable of riding even a fully stock bike to its full potential. LOL

The key is to ride what ever makes you happy. Make it your own in anyway you want and not worry what anyone else thinks.

Cheers and Ride Safe,

Bogie

Last edited:
I should correct myself......2 motor failures that were both under 6000 miles (Poor Cam Materials and they broke) and the other was a gear box blown at 3000 miles.

Yeah, that is where BMW customer care shines over others. They all were replaced by BMW or bought back.

The guy I know who was without his bike for 2 months while BMW decided on what to do about his broken gearbox wouldn't say it "shined" but it did get fixed eventually. LOL

Got in the last bits of Matte Finish CF for the FZ10 from the manufacturer to match my front fender and rear hugger. I got in first to participate in there customer exchange program. I send in the OEM pieces for them to make molds from and I get a set for free.

Hopefully get them on this weekend. Swingarm piece will depend on whether or not it actually warms up a bit this weekend like the weather man claims. It is attach to the swinger with 3M tape and I want it to be a bit warmer before I attach it.

Rad covers and ECU cover mounted. Will have to wait till spring for warmer weather for the swingarm piece. No heat or electric in the apartment garages. :-(

Wicked looking! Whenever you sell it in the future let me know :D

Sadly with the announcements they made at work yesterday, I am looking to find a new job now before the shit really hits the fan. If I don't find something by spring I may be looking at selling toys sadly. :shaking head: :disapproval:

Sadly with the announcements they made at work yesterday, I am looking to find a new job now before the shit really hits the fan. If I don't find something by spring I may be looking at selling toys sadly. :shaking head: :disapproval:
Sorry to hear about this mate. Good luck with the job hunting but whatever you do, don't sell your limited edition FZ10. You will regret it massively.

Rough news, Bogie! I am sure you'll find something good soon enough. Good luck.

I agree, don't sell the FZ-10. The other toys can go but keep that one for sure!

Good luck.

In my industry (oil and gas) I have had 2 redundancies, but each time I have found a better company to work for. I hope the same can be said for you.

If you kept the original parts, and need cash, sell the mods and go back to stock for a while. Once you have a new job, you can buy the mods back which will be cheaper than starting fro scratch.

Thanks guys! I am working on it hard. Selling the FZ10 would be an absolute last measure. The Concours will get sold before that ever happens. I will keep ya posted.

Oh wow Brian, just saw this. Sorry to hear that pal. I hope you find something quickly and never have to sell off the things that make you happy. Well, at least make sure the Yami is the last thing to go in the event that happens!!!

Back