Bought a 2008 but its not what you think.

Well after getting hit by a car a couple months ago on the Raider S, I told myself the riding is done for the year pretty much so just wait till spring to get something else.

Well after looking on the Inter Webs and coming across a 2008 with only 1400 miles on it for a stupidly low price :deal: I changed my plans immediately and drove up to Wisconsin to get it. :rofl:

Here she is:

IMG-20121027-00164.jpg

IMG-20121028-00168.jpg

IMG_7642.jpg

IMG_7639.jpg

That looks sweet. I've always like the looks of the R1 just a little better than the other super sports. Factory blue always looks good (and blue is faster too). I bet that Akrapovic exhaust is musical. Congrats.

Edit: Oops. I see the Akrapovic exhaust were on your previous R1. Mod it out!

Great deal Bogie! It's a pain that you have to sit and look at her all winter now. Best of luck with it!

Ugh......That is the worst part of the whole thing!! To make it even worse I didn't have a truck to get it from WI to me in IA so we borrowed my friends neighbors truck to pick it up and now it sits in his garage plugged into a tender with a fresh oil change and stable in the tank till I can borrow a vehicle to get it back here to do a thorough winter cleaning and start some modding.

IMG_7643.jpg

That looks sweet. I've always like the looks of the R1 just a little better than the other super sports. Factory blue always looks good (and blue is faster too). I bet that Akrapovic exhaust is musical. Congrats.

Edit: Oops. I see the Akrapovic exhaust were on your previous R1. Mod it out!

I would love to find another set at a reasonable price but they are really spendy now new. It is the Akrapovic Full EVO II system and they sound awesome on my 07!!!

The EVO II system had the shorter cans and only came in TI with CF end caps. The other Akra cans were too long IMO. These tucked in nicely.

IMG_2865.jpg

Here is a goofy clip I put together after I installed them on the 07. LOL

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8sqOT8vmlQ&list=UUIQdEw8oReVWo1YLjeONTUw&index=10&feature=plcp]2007 Yamaha R1 Akrapovic EVOII Exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

Back