Buying a motor mountable camera

As I'm looking to buy me a robust and solid, and functional sportscamera to fit on both my FZ1 as my Gixxer, I'm looking for your advice.

I'd appreciate if you could post some useful customer experience notes on the camera that you have and are using on the motorbike to film your trips.
(no offense but I'm not in to the little key ring or spy cams)

1. Brand and type
2. Resolution
3. battery life
4. Memory - filmtime
5. Shock- waterproof?
5. any other comments

Tx in advance

I have a Go Pro HD I've usewd for a few videos in the video section. It has a lot of mounting options shoots in various resolution up to 1080p. It is water proof and if you buy 2 you can shoot in 3D. Down side your stuck with a fish eye lens. Its difficult to tellif its on at a glance. I would like to get a contour for multiple angles.

I have a Go Pro HD I've usewd for a few videos in the video section. It has a lot of mounting options shoots in various resolution up to 1080p. It is water proof and if you buy 2 you can shoot in 3D. Down side your stuck with a fish eye lens. Its difficult to tellif its on at a glance. I would like to get a contour for multiple angles.

You're not stuck with a fisheye... you just have to change your video mode... certain modes are more of a wide angle of view than others... it took me a while to figure that out... then I read the manual....

I'm a big fan of my GoPro HD, even though I don't use it a ton... I've used it for time-lapse shooting at weddings.... for Auto-Cross events... for motorcycling.... it really does pretty great... good quality, good battery life... reasonable file sizes... I would get the new HD2, but none of those new features would be of any benefit to me..

I have a GoPro, its pretty sweet. This is what kind of picture you can expect

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxNX0TkES4w&feature=context&context=G23417cdRCGXQYbcTJ33YQBUPmvcRS2PIzoALVP7LllZC34IaqUSM]Gorge rd 13 Oct - YouTube[/ame]

I have the HD hero, bought last year sometime. Well it just took a crap, just over the year warranty. I have to do some research, but from the GP site, it looks like i am hosed. i will report beck with customer service and see how this goes...I'm pretty pissed, I paid full pop for it because it was hard to get at the time. I have not used it it much , nor abused it it. I expect more for the money I paid.
Report coming this week.....

I have the Hero HD and it's been through hell and back. No issues thus far. I can imagine that the Hero2 is even that much better! You'll love it Arnold! Get the chest mount or put a mount on a helmet for the twins and then watch a video "through the eyes of a child" !!!

Show, not much to tell yet

I'll show/tell you when I have mine installed....

Here are a few shots, including a goofy one of me wearing it. I had to test out the new Oakley goggles with the "quick strap" mounting system. They fit in the eye portal of the Hornet and should help with the off road dust problems.

I mounted one tab on the top of the helmet behind the visor shade bracket. I also plan on a bike mount or two, one with a "Ram Mount" arm on the front of the crash bars, and one on the bodywork somewhere (yet to be determined). The adhesive is supposed to set for 24 hours before you use it, which won't be a problem considering the frozen wasteland that I call home. I will post video when I get to do my first ride in a couple of months.

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

Back