Come on people, let's talk!

geezer

I've never witnessed the birth of a forum before this one. So feeling a bit fatherly here, I want to know about everyone of you. What do you like to do? What are you good at? How many bikes have you owned? You know, just general chat. I invite all of you to chat with me, and get this forum off to a good start, I know a little about a lot, but not a lot about much. I'm willing to teach and willing to learn. I love "better" ideas, and I'll bet you guys are full of them.
I'll start: My name is Scott, some call me geezer. I am 45 years old, happily married, with 2 beautiful teenaged daughters. I have been riding street bikes since I was 15. I am a decent mechanic, and make my own custom parts. I am a "big brother" to a fine crew of young men ranging in age from 25 down to 12(that's where the name geezer came from). I like all bikes, and have had my share of them. At one time, I had 21 street bikes, all of them running! I've had some wicked fast bikes(h2 750 tripple) and some slow ones(rebel).
I'll sit and talk with you for hours about bikes and cars.
Talk to me, and let's get this post count up!

well am Mike & i live in Australia , i work in the motorcycle industry & have been on motorcycles on & off most of my adult life . i have owned many Kawasaki's , Suzuki's & the FZ1N is my first Yamaha road bike . ;)

Alright Scott,
My name is Ray, I'm 44, married 20yrs, 2 kids(both grown), I'm a machinist and off the top of my head I can think of 25 street bike I've had but I'm probably forgetting a few. I've been riding since I was 9 so I guess that's what I really like to do ;) I also play golf, read, play chess and try to do as many trackdays as I can.

Hi Ray, what's your handicap? Do you have a mini machine shop in your garage?

Chris, nice to meet you. Tinkering and improving is something we all are interested in.

You guys ever make your own part just because you couldn't afford the new one?

I haven't been playing much lately so I'm up to a 14. :(

No shop at the house, I have access to my shop 24/7 so if I need something I just drive over.

To be honest the only time I make parts is when it's drop dead I need it now or it just doesn't exist. By the time I design and make something I usually could buy 2 if I had spent the time on a customers project.

i snapped mi chain recently (ignored a tight link) so i rattled up a stainless chain guard
DSC00029.jpg
[/IMG]

My name is Ty, I have lived in Oregon most of my life. I grew up in a small town south of here (Portland) and was on bikes from about age 10 until 21. I rode mostly off rode, but because of the small town, was able to do a little street riding. Through that I rode an old Yamaha 175 Enduro, an MT 250, and a CB400F. I got off of bikes because I couldn't afford both while going to school.

This year I got back into it. I bought an FZ6 and put about 2,500 miles on it, but decided I needed a little more umph. So I turned around and bought the FZ1.

I'll keep this for a while and want to make some changes to it. That's why I decided to moderate the Modifications forum. I want to learn.

The questions I ask are what I'm considering to do to my machine.

Hi Ty! Nice to meet you. Enjoy the FZ1, there'$ a lot of $$$$$tuff you can do to it to per$onalize it(note the dollar $igns). Jamie made his FAST! I made mine purdy(I think). Make yours what you want it to be!;)

No stonsie, I haven't done much for "me" lately. I make some stuff that I sell now and then, but not much for me...:(

Hi Mike. What does Mike like to do?

oohh , thats quite obvious i thought :rolleyes: i like to ride motorcycles & then ride motorcycles more :p . actually am 38yo & enjoy sport saltwater fishing / boating , i am a fan Ford motorcars GT351 Falcons & XR6 / XR8's etc . thats about all i've got to say , cheers mike.g

Last edited:
My name is Rob I am 34 and live in Maryland. I just recently got my motorcycle license and have been riding a Honda 450 Rebel. But if things go well I will be getting a FZ1 in March. In the meantime I usually just read most of the posts and gain information. That way when I finally ask a question it will be one thats not been ask already!!! Found that was they best way to learn when I was on a lot of RC forums.

Well, Mike, I've got to say, You guys have some bad assed cars over there. I don't know what i would do to make the money, but if a newer Maloo becomes available, I'll find a way!

Hi Rob. Welcome! An FZ1 is a huge step from a 450 rebel. You've set yourself a good goal, and are going about it the right way! Congrats on the license, and enjoy! Don't get rid of the Rebel, they are getting more rare everday.:)

I have a fetish !

Cant leave nothing standard i try and try my wife is very grateful my job is not a plastic surgeon :D

dont mater wot bike it is - it comes under the knife

Back