Come on people, let's talk!

:)Like yourself this is my first new bike ,my only worry was having to let someone else do the servicing for the waranty but everythings been spot on !

Got a very good YAMAHA only mecanic-dealer, so I'm pretty relaxed my bike is serviced properly. He even allows me to assist (saving a bit on his working hours :)) when I can

put some pilot road 2's on a couple of weeks back only done about 50 miles .went out this mornin sideways on the ice 3 times:(:eek::eek: guess there not scrubed in yet I HATE WINTER :)

I keep trying to get some sort of moisture to fall in this state. Snow, Rain, ANYTHING! It is still 60+ for the afternoon high.

I keep trying to get some sort of moisture to fall in this state. Snow, Rain, ANYTHING! It is still 60+ for the afternoon high.

if i win the lottery this week i'll be on my way to visit:D:D ive just been out with my dog, he crossed a frozen puddle and went flat on his side to the great amusement of every body at the bus stop:D:D

I've got mods to do for next season, and it is sooooooo hard to do them when the weather is still this nice.

Maybe reverse psychology, if I do 'em, snow will come......after I've completed them and ready for the test ride.

Well, snow has fallen, FINALLY!! but the big storm the forecasters perdicted lasted a grand total of 15 minutes with maybe a light dusting at best. Cold as hell now, so let the mods begin!!

BroHay

Older than Geezer

Geezer, I'm probably older than you, but I have been riding since about 12 years old. Started with a home made motor bike with an old Rio engine, followed by a 1963 Ducati 125. I have owned bikes from the big three along with Harley's. Now I own a 2003 FZ1 that I bought NEW last summer. What a find. Girlfriend says she won't ride it without a backrest, so I guess she won't be riding. OK with me.

Hello

Well i posted in the new member section, then i went to work, then i came home and found this thread...so....

My name is Dan, I am 33 years old. Currently I am serving in the US Army stationed at Ft Hood Texas. I joined the army mainly because I was burned out on working on cars (wich i did since my junior year in highschool) and it sounded like a great job were i would get to travel around alot and shoot all sorts of cool weapons (i love shooting). Well I DID get to shoot alot of really cool weapons to include: MK-19, M2 .50 Cal, M240B 7.62mm, Hand grenades, claymore mine, C4, Bradley 25mm (wich is an instant addiction) and all the individual weapons too. I have fired all those in combat also, while protecting my self and my army brothers (well except the C4 and claymore mine). For the travel around alot, that i have not done, i have been stationed at Ft. Hood the entire time i have been in the Army, 8 years. The only place i have traveled to is Quebec Canada (trained with thier army for 14 days), Iraq, Iraq again and next month Iraq again. Pretty sure this will be my last contract i sign with the army, time to watch my two children grow up. I have a lovely wife of 10 years and a 6 year old son and two year old daughter (both Texans..lol). Well motorcycles... I suppose i started riding when i was about 8 or 9 with some friends in my neighborhood in Spokane Washington, were i grew up. My friend down the street from me had a little 50cc dirt bike and a 250cc Husqvarna Dirt bike, must have been a late 70's model. I couldnt even touch the ground on that husqvarna, his grandpa would set me up there and let us go. A few later i would say about age 11 or 12 I saved up money working for a yard company on my summer vactions and bought my own Honda XR 200, think it was an 84 or 85 year model. All my freinds were normal 11 year old size so they had to 80cc bikes, most of em got the two strokers. Had that bike till i was 16 years old then i got into cars. I started working in a Auto shop after school during my junior year in highschool, was working for a guy that i worked for mowing yards when i was younger. I worked there for about 2 years. My senior year in highschool i got a scholarship for the community college in spokane for thier automotive technician program. The shop I was working for then let me go to school in the day and work longer hours at night for the year that the scholarship was good for then I stopped the auto program because i was getting alot more experience working full time in the shop then going to school talored for 10 year old domestic cars. While working there I got my first street bike, it was a 1984 Kawasaki Spectre 750. The bike was fast and probably to fast for a 21 year old Auto Tech that liked to party too much on his time, ended up going head over heels at 110mph on a city street. Didnt get hurt really just a sprained ankle and couldnt really walk for about week i was so sore, i was going to meet my wife (then girlfriend) at a party and instead ended up in the hospital getting X-Rays. From that day on she made me swear i wouldnt ever get on another motorcycle. 12 years later and in a much more responsable state of mind, I am a proud owner of an FZ1 and riding every day. What changed her mind? Years and years of begging, a 6 year re-enlistment bonus and alot of understanding on her part that I am really a safe rider, just back then i was careless and irresponsable. That was really long winded but you said lets talk!! Oh and forgive all the spelling mistakes, remember i went to college for Automotive not english (think i took a english class with that program though). Oh, and i am one of the army's newest graduated Bradley Master Gunners, 14 of us just graduated the course.

Geezer, I'm probably older than you, but I have been riding since about 12 years old. Started with a home made motor bike with an old Rio engine, followed by a 1963 Ducati 125. I have owned bikes from the big three along with Harley's. Now I own a 2003 FZ1 that I bought NEW last summer. What a find. Girlfriend says she won't ride it without a backrest, so I guess she won't be riding. OK with me.

easy fix... that's why I got the Corbin Gunfighter and Lady seat with the backrest....

Welcome and congrats!!
I never had the option to shoot that many weapons in military service. Most impressive weapon I fired was the M109 A2 155mm Houwitzer, next to the .50

I also got to pull the lanyard on a Paladin. I forgot about that. We were doing a call for fire certification and the gun bunnies wanted to sit on our OPs and watch the rounds impact we so we traded places with them. They talked me into "finger popping" the houwitzer, thats when you dont use the lanyard and have to move real fast so the breach doensnt hit you.

Welcome and congrats!!
I never had the option to shoot that many weapons in military service. Most impressive weapon I fired was the M109 A2 155mm Houwitzer, next to the .50

depends a lot on your job and what you are doing.... I was also a Cav Scout, so we got to play with a bunch of fun toys... M203, AT4, TOW Missles, MK-19, M2 50Cal, M60 (and later 240B), C4, all sorts of fun hand grenades, 249 SAW, POS 9mm, and even the occasional M24 play date.... but, most of the fun stuff, we didn't get until we shipped to Iraq.... then it was all out, whatever we wanted... we went over to Kuwait with M16A2's, and when the war kicked off and we transitioned from regular Kuwait rotation into "First Force Across the Border" we lost all of our M16's and went to M4's. I was in 2ACR, so we were light CAV.. no bradleys for us... hell no Armor on our HMMWV's ... so we didn't get the 25MM, but I got to play with that big bad MOFO while I was at ft. Knox...

I feel bad for folks with other MOS's that never got anything more than their M16...

They talked me into \"finger popping\" the houwitzer, thats when you dont use the lanyard and have to move real fast so the breach doensnt hit you.

exactly, we had one guy busted his legg in not being fast enough...

I must say I've luckiliy never been to real combat, but once a battery of M109was using moist gunpowder and the rounds were landing about 150m from my OP....scary!

Hi guys,
I am Randy. I live in S. Florida. Born and raised in South Louisiana. I have been here for 22 years and still don't like it. I ride an 08 FZ1 (see How I got my bike thread). I have been riding since I was about 10. My dad was a slaesman at Sears and he brought home a scooter and and 80cc bike. Had them for a couple of months and then he sold them.
In college I had KZ650. Worked my way through college as MSF instructor.

I am a partner in insurance inspection company. We have people in Florida, Louisiana, MS, AL, TX, CA.

Friends and I go to N. GA to ride the twisties for a few days each year. Kind of boring here in S. Florida. Long and straight.

No mods on bike yet. I have been learning a lot on here. Some I want to do and some I don't. I espcially like the youtube videos of the exhaust sounds. MIVV is for me w/o db killer in.
My 9 yr old likes to ride on back and he loves asking questions about the bike and want ot help me do some things. Never know maybe I will pass it on to him one day. :D Oh and he loves the ;):D:eek:lolup:drools::rolleyes:

Oh, and i am one of the army's newest graduated Bradley Master Gunners, 14 of us just graduated the course.

Was cleaning up my cupboards in the garage and found pieces of a former hobby (before I reached the age of driving cars/bikes). Found this Bradley model. Is this where you are the master gunner of?

Back