***Dustin's Official 2013 Trip Report Thread***

Re: Spring Forward! Early March Oregon Run

I'm mainly looking for sport gloves with GoreTex liners and light insulation. Alpinestars Tech Road, Held Warm 'n Dry, Rev'it GTX line

Stopped for lunch at Port Orford, OR. Getting lovely weather, clear skies. It's still a bit chilly but this is a nice place to be.

Nice pics Dustin. I've never been to Oregon, but those pics remind me of the views from the Pacific Coast Hwy in Northern California. Have fun and stay safe :tup:

I'm at my hotel just south of Portland. My morning on the coast was nice, if a bit chilly. I stopped for a coffee and a snack at this wicked cafe in Port Orford. After that, the coastal traffic built up as did the construction. I cut east on OR-38 and headed for the I5.

5 hours tomorrow and I'll be home :)

Right on Dustin, I love that state on that side my self. Went to that store, grabbed some gloves and some boots, chain brush and Roto lock. Got on the free way and came up to a guy with the exact bike as your with a blue suit. I went :wtf: hit the brakes ans stared at the guy. Wasn't you, haha.

They had your gloves I think, any who nice trip your having. We have to work tomorrow :nana:

Got on the free way and came up to a guy with the exact bike as your with a blue suit. I went :wtf: hit the brakes ans stared at the guy. Wasn't you, haha.

No way! What are the chances? I've never seen a blue 919 much less some goof with a blue suit on it!

I'm going to swing by Cycle Barn on the way home tomorrow, it's just three hours north of me

I'm just an hour south of Seattle and having breakfast. Uneventful ride out of Oregon and through Washington except for getting my first ever speeding ticket in the US. Motorbike cop nailed me for doing 71 in 60 and gave me a minimum fine. Cheap!

Ticket : oops: that sucks. Shoot I guess your going to be by before I get off work at 1:30 in Everett. Be home at 2:00. You can stop in for a rest and a root beer if want. I'm sure your chomping to get home.

I'm just an hour south of Seattle and having breakfast. Uneventful ride out of Oregon and through Washington except for getting my first ever speeding ticket in the US. Motorbike cop nailed me for doing 71 in 60 and gave me a minimum fine. Cheap!

Hooligan! :eek5:

Real Canadians never speed....

I'm home!

I stopped at 3 bike shops in search of gloves but none of them had what I wanted in my size. I really like the Rev'It Alaska GTX but even the small is too big! My childlike hands make it hard to glove shop

Beautiful weather here at home! :looseit:

Trip total: 2500 km / 1550 miles

Looking forward to riding in the summer. Brrrrrrr

Last edited:
Back