***Dustin's Official 2013 Trip Report Thread***

2 full days of tire profile management in the Trinity Alps.Wish I could have gotten away to meet you. Hot damn you are going to have fun!
No doubt some of the best twisty roads anywhere!

Are you going to get a picture by this landmark?

IMG_0038-4_zps50c57d5e.jpg

IMG_2655_zps8839c445.jpg

Spring Forward! Early March Oregon Run

Glad you got to go. We just got several inches of heavy, wet snow in about an hour today and a little more on and off. I swear I'm riding in March, but it looks like 30-31 will be the only chance now.

I hope you have a safe and fun trip. I look forward to the ride reports and pics. Did you get some helmet head?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you got to go. We just got several inches of heavy, wet snow in about an hour today and a little more on and off. I swear I'm riding in March, but it looks like 30-31 will be the only chance now.

I hope you have a safe and fun trip. I look forward to the ride reports and pics. Did you get some helmet head?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad i'm staying in the southeast this week, this was me thursday evening right off of hwy 90 in pa. The hwy was alot worse than rt 89, thats the road i was on.

IMG-20130321-00059.jpg

Re: Spring Forward! Early March Oregon Run

At a hotel in Crescent City after a very twisty 350 miles of California goodness. I thoroughly enjoyed CA-96. Great road. When I stopped for lunch where 96 and 299 meet, it occurred to me that maybe I was a bit ambitious with my route planning. I decided to cut up the coast to Crescent City rather than go through Redding and back. There's snow in the forecast in the mountains and I'm already freezing most of the day.

From where I sit, there's a hell of a storm moving in. I'm going to figure out what route to take home after supper :)

My tires are round again! Yay

At a hotel in Crescent City after a very twisty 350 miles of California goodness. I thoroughly enjoyed CA-96. Great road. When I stopped for lunch where 96 and 299 meet, it occurred to me that maybe I was a bit ambitious with my route planning. I decided to cut up the coast to Crescent City rather than go through Redding and back. There's snow in the forecast in the mountains and I'm already freezing most of the day.

From where I sit, there's a hell of a storm moving in. I'm going to figure out what route to take home after supper :)

My tires are round again! Yay

Well, you be careful bud and get home safe and sound. It sucks to be cold!

There's snow in the forecast in the mountains and I'm already freezing most of the day.

Damn now you've gone and done it!! My "mom mode" just kicked in!
Please be careful and stay safe out there.

I will probably run up the coast through Oregon and stay around the Portland area. I wouldn't mind some gear shopping on the way home Wednesday. There's a Held dealer on the way and I need some new foul weather gloves :)

The heat in my hotel sucks! Brr!

A couple Patron's and you won't be worried about the heat. :cowboy:

Don't even think about a Hondapotamas with huge tupperware, heated grips and seats while you are riding home. :poke:

Good thing you are young lolup

Be safe my friend, with those great PR'3s you are the master at riding in the liquid sunshine.

I have had my vest and grips on full the whole trip and I'm still a popsicle. I'm just a wuss! Speaking of PR3s, man are they good :)

Sounds like a good trip, other than the cold. I hope you make it all the way without any of the white stuff.

I agree, the PR3's are great tires. I may try the new PP3's just for a change, but I think I'll end up with PR3's after them. They just wear so well and stick fine for what I do, and the wet traction is just amazing.

He's been riding the North West corner of Ca called the Trinity Alps. Perhaps some of best twisty roads in the country.
Last night he was in Crescent City,Ca way up at the top of California on the coast.

Happy shopping! I'm going to swing by the BMW dealer south of Portland tomorrow before heading home. They are supposed to sell a brand of gloves I want. If that's a bust, I'll try I90 Motorsports near Seattle

Well PM me on what your looking for or post it up. I'll see today and get back with ya this afternoon. Not much going on for me other than bottleing up some Home Brew and a short zip to get an oil filter so I can change over to that T6 stuff.

Back