Finally took the plunge......Dedicated TRACK BIKE

WoooooooHoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rmwl::tup::tup::yes::yes::thewave::cheers:

2002 Yamaha R1

Here is a C/P from the thread that I purchased the bike:

This is a track ready bike, with blue title and in awesome condition. Never down--straight frame. It has all the good stuff that you'd want on a track bike: Race tech fork internals, Penske double clicker rear shock, Galfer SS brake lines, Akrapovic pipe, Hotbodies body work, Vortex triple tree, Magura front brake system, DID chain...ALL the good stuff. It also has brand new BT003RS tires as well with only 1.5 track days on them. The odometer is at 11028 miles as of this listing. The bike will come with rear stand as it does not have a kickstand, and the workshop manual.

Q & A:

Q - Can the bike be put back to stock?

A - Yes it can be. The major things you would need to do is to: (1) replace at least the fairings front and tail fairings with street ones, (2) get a front headlamp and a front fairing stay, (3) get a rear taillamp, (4) get a left clip on control module (turn signal, horn, etc), and (5) get a set of mirrors and turn signals to make allow it to pass inspection.

Photos of the bike in the garage:

DSC00576.jpg

DSC00570.jpg

DSC00571.jpg

DSC00575.jpg

DSC00557.jpg

DSC00563.jpg

DSC00564.jpg

DSC00565.jpg

^^ Tail section has a bit blemish due to a something falling off a high shelf in the garage
DSC00566.jpg

DSC00567.jpg

^^ Scrape when leaned over in a corner and the bike scraped the rumble strip
DSC00568.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

There are still a few details to work out but the money is there and we have agreed on working out the fine points. I'm really happy :tup:

Nice!

Great looking R1 Carl , , , !! I had a '06 Anniversary model and it was wicked fast . . . way too fast for an old geezer like me. ENJOY !!!!!!:D

Damn Carl! I am so jealous. I am not going back to the track until I have a dedicated bike but that will likely not be until next year. I will shop in the off season at the end of 2012.

Looking forward to some video!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You got the R1! That bike looks rock solid. When are you going to try her out? I think ride smart is at TWS this weekend.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Damn Carl! I am so jealous. I am not going back to the track until I have a dedicated bike but that will likely not be until next year. I will shop in the off season at the end of 2012.

Looking forward to some video!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1)Why have you given up on the FZ at the track?
2) I can't believe I might get some days in this year before you Texas boys do.

Congratulations on the R1 track bike it is really nice! I had an 01 r6 that I just sold and it was rock solid with no issues, best of luck and have fun at the track this year!

If you guys feel like a trip I think I'm headed to NC March 17th&18th.
resizedimage600401-ncbiketrack.jpg

What track is that? Is it a new one? Looks like FUN! The carosel is huge.

I'm missing the next two track days, this weekend, and the first weekend of March. My son is in town and he always wins out.

The good thing is Ride Smart has a record number of days on the calendar this year.

I really want to ride NOLA this year too. Looks like a killer track.

Back