First Hand Gun

Does anyone own a .357 smith and wesson in silver with black handles? I used to shoot one before our ban in 96 I was 14 :-D I really loved that gun.

A .357 S&W revolver is on my list of guns to acquire, but there are several in front of it first. I love the idea of being able to shoot the cheaper and reduced recoil .38 specials or crank it up and shoot the hot .357 loads too. I haven't actually shot one before. I hope the UK gun ban can be lifted sometime. :ban:

I carry a glock 26 for concealed.

I have the PT92 as well and it is by far my favorite and most accurate handgun to shoot.
It is just big and heavy. The Glock 26 is small and compact for tuckability.

You won't go wrong with Glock, Ruger, Beretta, S&W, H&K, etc...

Stay away from Hi point.

As for rationalizing it to the wife......
Show her your penis and scream MERICA!!!!!

If you want good home defense I would suggest a tactical shotgun for close range and an AR-15 for long range.

The UK gun ban isn't ever going to lift, unfortunately, they're too snotty over here to accept that genuinely owned firearms are rarely used in crime.
I carry my glock 17 at work in the UK, not my favourite sidearm, but I don't get a choice in the matter.
Personally I'd have a sigg p228/9 in .40 for carry, and a cz75 in 9mm for home. I'd also have a glock 19 for the wife too. Oh I can only dream............

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

The UK gun ban isn't ever going to lift, unfortunately, they're too snotty over here to accept that genuinely owned firearms are rarely used in crime.
I carry my glock 17 at work in the UK, not my favourite sidearm, but I don't get a choice in the matter.
Personally I'd have a sigg p228/9 in .40 for carry, and a cz75 in 9mm for home. I'd also have a glock 19 for the wife too. Oh I can only dream............

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Crappy weather, bad gun laws, tiny country, snotty people, high taxes, high gas prices, etc...

Other than Top Gear what is good there?
Not saying America is so great either but at least it is big enough to travel. Parts of America suck. Some parts are pretty good.

A .357 S&W revolver is on my list of guns to acquire, but there are several in front of it first. I love the idea of being able to shoot the cheaper and reduced recoil .38 specials or crank it up and shoot the hot .357 loads too. I haven't actually shot one before. I hope the UK gun ban can be lifted sometime. :ban:

I can bring my .357 to my friend's farm in Fairmount (between Champaign and Danville) for you to use. Plus gives you a chance to ride that FZ on gravel roads (only 1/2 mile).

Only problem of feeding it a steady supply of .38 is that the cylinder get a bit of fouling which makes it hard to extract the spent .357 brass.

As promised (but late!), here's actual photos of the pistols in hand. We applied for the carry permits today.

My SA XD .45 ACP
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Her S&W M&P .40
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

She is Purdy for sure. The holsters the they come with are nice but, I went with Surpa's as they lock in. I had that M&P but was to big for carry, I sold it and got the compact .40, love the M&P line... Thanks for the pictures.

I am looking for a Glock 27 for carry if I don't find it too thick. If so, I intend to get an XD-s in either 9mm or .45, not sure yet. Most likely 9mm so the wife will be happy with it too.

I want the Glock 27 (.40) and then get the conversion barrel so I can use it for 9mm too (basically a Glock 26) and maybe even a .357 sig barrel (not that I could find the ammo).

So many plans. I guess that kills my rear shock again... :(

Very nice guns, Eric. I'm looking at those, but in the single stack for carry. The Shield and the XD-s. I should get real pictures of my guns too. I'll work on that.

We got these for carry, but not on the body. They will likely be close by in a back pack, tail bag, tank bag, her purse, etc... I might carry under a loose jacket once in a while but they are right between the size one would consider too big and just right....

I will never own a 9mm for protection. One of my best friends in Maine is a Sheriff's Office detective. He was face-to-face with a perp who was pointing a gun at him. He double-tapped the guy twice, center-mass... no holes. The guy was wearing a military leather bomber jacket. The next shot took the guy in the jaw and finally dropped him. H&K came in and did testing in their range with various materials and after testing concluded the 9mm was not powerful enough for their law enforcement. They bought all of the service pistols back and issues them all .45 ACP models.

I was in the U.S. Army when they were considering the 9mm over the .45 we carried. Most of us who qualified Expert with the .45, after 3 weeks with the 9mm, still could not keep consistent grouping and could not pass as Expert marksmen. We were given back our .45 pistols which was a huge relief.

Based on both personal experience and my friend's professional experience, I've never considered owning a 9mm. They are likely OK in many situations and I'm sure they've injured and/or killed many, but I'm just not confident one would save our lives when we absolutely needed it. This is just my own personal opinion, not trying to start any war/debate. ;)

Yep, there's nothing like the effect a big fat projectile traveling super sonic has. Just that the magazines hold fewer rounds than 9mm.

One can always argue about accuracy and take down power over capacity.

I use my XD for hiking, been tracked by Cats, ran off big Bears. Use to have Hollow points in it, but was told if I had to shoot a bear it wouldn't do any thing as there coat and hide is thick. So a pissed off Bear isn't a good plan, so now it's got just FMJ in it X 13 rnds.

Maybe that jacket was thick and the hollow points, I guess were NOT working. 9mm are fast, but so is a .40 with a bigger hit.

Yep, there's nothing like the effect a big fat projectile traveling super sonic has. Just that the magazines hold fewer rounds than 9mm.

One can always argue about accuracy and take down power over capacity.
Capacity over power always.

You start shooting at most people with a 22 and they run.

In the end I would rather have a 22 than nothing at all.
I will carry whatever is reliable and is the most comfortable. I could care less about take down power.

If you are a take down power person then you should just forget the 45 and go straight to a 357 or Judge.

If someone is out to do me harm, I'll take stopping power over capacity. I only need one shot. ;) In the event that a perp has armor, I'll always take the head shot anyway.

If someone is out to do me harm, I'll take stopping power over capacity. I only need one shot. ;) In the event that a perp has armor, I'll always take the head shot anyway.

I have been doing some tactical shooting classes this past year. Shooting a stationary target is easy. Try it while you are moving and the target is moving. Bad guys don't sit still so prepare for all sorts of situations.

Back