font end done

ewertkyle

heres a coulple of pics of my naked front end, just hacked off the bar mounted mirrors and modified them and some clamps to make them work as bar end mirrors. also had the tripples and bars painted, and powdercoated the gas cap, front and rear foot pegs. I also made brackets for led turn and cut off the bottom of my windshield to make a "cover" to clean it all up. The parts were painted by my friend at an autobody shop and powdercoating was done locally (he only charged me $20!) let me know what you think good or bad! sorry for the crappy cell phone quality pics

frontdone_zpsa96a269b.jpg

mirrorcloseup_zpsd53aeea4.jpg

gascapcoated_zps0c337132.jpg

tripplepainted_zpsca13c3aa.jpg

before winter
ebbac866.jpg

Yes the last photo is before winter with stock blinkers, and levers and before paint, modifindg mirrors and so forth, and i didn't change out the bearings, is there problems with the stock ones?

Looks lean and mean. Well done! Can you get a shot of what those lights look like at night from your rider point of view? ;)

There's no issue with the stock blinkers other than they did not "fit" the look... the aftermarket ones in the first photo look great though!

Yes the last photo is before winter with stock blinkers, and levers and before paint, modifindg mirrors and so forth, and i didn't change out the bearings, is there problems with the stock ones?

Oh, certainly not, but guys usually swap out for the "tapered" set when they have the head apart. No need though. The stockers are just fine.

Thanks for input! It wont be untill spring when i can get a picture of the beam pattern because the battert is out and on the tender until warmer weather but i would say that the hids are a little brighter although the stock lights seemed to be a little better in tight turns. Ill post a pic as soon as i get a chance.

I have seen that bike before and I really do like those headlights, I really just wanted to do something different with my bike and I got a lot of satisfaction from creating my own lights and brackets.

Back