Forum Meetup -- July 25th & 26th, 2015

ok this is were were at
we will be in the gunnison ouray durango area that week end
as are trip starts a week before i cant pin down exacatly were we will be in advance
but two goldwing sporting uk flags will be a bit of a give away

Well, you know where we'll be so that makes it easy at least! Hope to meet you guys :)

thx I'm coming from Lake Havasu City Az it's on the Colorado river.I Have had some experience with that area I lived around that area many years ago, in Pagosa spring outside of Durango. As for gas sure it will be fine but this will be my first real road trip of any real distance. (my better half has many concerns) . Sure am gonna do my best to get up there and meet some new people and hopefully have some good riding fun and pic a few brains about the Fz1 . will post my route with the hopes of hooking up with others as I go .

I'm going to check in to this. I rode most of this route 2 summers ago. I may go up and stay in Durango then meet up in Ouray. For those talking about going to Gunnison it's a must. I stayed at Lakeview Campground and I swear it was the best place I've been in America. subbing to thread

lakeview.jpg

this was my campsite at Lakeview

ps I've tried uploading twice and for some reason the image is getting flipped yet is saved normal in my computer, don't know

Last edited:
Just under 2 months until this event!

448_IMG_4439_adj1.jpg

Just under 2 months until this event!

448_IMG_4439_adj1.jpg

Thanks Dustin. As of now – it seems I’m in. (I made my reservations at the Matterhorn a few weeks ago. Thanks, Benda!) I’m just trying to plan my route and stops, because I’ve got 750-miles of “slabbing” before I turn left at Albuquerque on the Million-Dollar Highway. Quite honestly – that scares this old man a little. Lol.

ok were booked into the alpine in gunnison 23rd to 27th so will be touring around etc so look out for to goldwings
or like wise if we see a group we will stop say hi

Thanks Dustin. As of now – it seems I’m in. (I made my reservations at the Matterhorn a few weeks ago. Thanks, Benda!) I’m just trying to plan my route and stops, because I’ve got 750-miles of “slabbing” before I turn left at Albuquerque on the Million-Dollar Highway. Quite honestly – that scares this old man a little. Lol.

Please don't turn left! :)

OK - I can do three rights! :)

About a week to go and no one is posting? Is this thing still happening? Lol. Nervous excitement is building!

I'll be leaving on Sunday! Looking forward to it. My bike is in the shop getting the cam chain tensioners replaced and then I should be good to go!

I'll be leaving on Sunday! Looking forward to it. My bike is in the shop getting the cam chain tensioners replaced and then I should be good to go!

Wow - I though I was traveling far. That's a long haul from Vancouver, Dustin! Hope to see/meet you there! I just swapped-in my "highway" sprockets for the long slabs.... Ride safe!

Due to a series of events, I won't be able to make it....but will be with you guys in spirit.
I am looking forward to the stories and pics.
Keep the rubber down :)
Martin

I'll be watching as well as we have a slew heaed South to the Red Woods on the 30th. Most of it is on back roads. This is gona be fun as I now have a bike I ride distance's on.

OK - I can do three rights! :)

About a week to go and no one is posting? Is this thing still happening? Lol. Nervous excitement is building!

He is at my house tonight in Northern Ca. I'll ride a bit into Nevada with Dustin on Wednesday before I have to beat feet back to Ca. Wish I could have made it as Colorado is always a good time!

Back