Forum Meetup -- July 25th & 26th, 2015

He is at my house tonight in Northern Ca. I'll ride a bit into Nevada with Dustin on Wednesday before I have to beat feet back to Ca. Wish I could have made it as Colorado is always a good time!

I'll start on my way "up" this afternoon. Good luck to all those making the trek. Be safe! Mark

All ride safe and have a great time! Looking forward to the pictures as well.

Y'all knew from the beginning that I wouldn't be able to make it this time - just too much going on. BUT, maybe next year!

Very nice indeed. We all had a blast riding together. I wimped out so I could rest before the grind to get home. ;)

Well there is no place I would rather be this weekend than down there with you guys/gal. Next time I will really try as long as it is somewhere with great roads to ride like that area. It would be great to see another meet happen and see it grow.

John & I made it home around 4p.m. Started heading into a rain cloud as we left Ridgeway, so we didn't make Owl Creek Pass as we'd planned...we'll try again in the fall when the weather is a bit more predictable.
We did hit rain from Montrose all the way to Gunnison and from Gunnison to home it was sweltering heat! All good though...I'll sort through some pics and post a few here.
Hope Dustin & Mark had good rides today...??? I was so great to meet you both!

I took a couple of pics to add to this thread :)
Mark, Dustin, and John making human soup!
Mark%20Dustin%20amp%20John%20%20human%20soup_zpscxcxho6h.jpg

Sunset from Ouray after Friday's rain
sunset%20in%20Ouray_zpsoud2fzln.jpg

Molas Pass = 10,899ft.
IMG_2186_zpsqtfehu7j.jpg

Red Mountain
IMG_2192_zpszkfoio6i.jpg

Same waterfall as Dustin posted earlier :)
IMG_2201_zpsrdepur23.jpg

me & John.....he's practically on his knees here....lol
IMG_2203_zpshkgomag6.jpg

bikes up on Dallas Divide
IMG_2206_zpsu11qcs1h.jpg

Dallas Divide...even more spectacular in the fall
IMG_2212_zpsrndo2ajf.jpg

Bridal Veil Falls outside Telluride,Co
IMG_2213_zps6958elix.jpg

I made it home! Two days of (ambient) 115-degrees in Texas. I rode from Ouray all the way to Pecos, TX on day one. It was rough!

Good luck Dustin on your return trip! Thanks for giving me motivation since you're going farther! :(

Thanks Brenda and John for being my tour-guide!

I don't think words can describe the awesomeness. :) It was SPECTACULAR! Great to meet and ride with you guys. Until next time!!!!! Mark

edit: GREAT pics - please post more if you got 'em!

Last edited:
Glad to hear you made it home safe and sound, and didn't totally melt away.

Appears you made pretty good time. What time did you leave on Sunday?

My bike showed 100 degrees in Canon City but it was only for about 15 minutes before it started slowly dropping to 88 degrees over the next 50 miles as we climbed to Colorado Springs. Based on how 100 felt, I'm not sure I could continue in 115 degree heat.

Last edited:
Back