Fuzzy one Mirror Mod

Thenpain was thought about when I was doing mine. But did not have any readily available.

Also like the fact that you were able to keel the folding feature. I just punched, filed, assembled and mounted.....

To be able to re-do some of the things over on my path tk "zen and the artbof motorcycle maintenance"

Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet???

:needpics:

:tup:

Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet??? Are they on yet???

:needpics:

:tup:

Eric! How long did it take you to type all that?! Even with 3 question marks on each! Very thorough!! No, they aren't on yet. On work days it's hard because by the time I pull up the sun is already down. I will however, have some great pics on Saturday afternoon. Thats a promise!

Eric! How long did it take you to type all that?! Even with 3 question marks on each! Very thorough!! No, they aren't on yet. On work days it's hard because by the time I pull up the sun is already down. I will however, have some great pics on Saturday afternoon. Thats a promise!

:D Awwwww!

I actually only typed it once then copied it and held down "Ctrl-V" ;)

Mirror Mod Complete

I was able to get downstairs and mount the mirrors back on the bike this morning. They went back on without a hitch and I only had to adjust the left side mirror to tighten things up. I noticed that once it was on, it still moved about a 1/16" of an inch. I removed it and put one more turn on the locking nut and that fixed the problem. When the mirror is off the bike, you can't get a good feel for when the mirror is tight enough, only because you don't have much leverage to fold the mirror. Anyhow, I remounted it on the bike and she's rock solid and still folds back when needed. I sat on the bike for a minute to adjust the mirrors, and it's amazing how much less you see of your elbows now!

Here is what they look like from the front.......
FZ1MirrorMod-BikVis001.jpg

This is what they looked like before........
LightMod016-1.jpg

You can plainly see that in the first photo, the tops of the mirrors do not extend above the windshield. In the before photo, the mirrors are well above the windshield. I see how it will make such a noticible difference.

On Fuzzy One's page, he said that his mirrors came out to be 36.5" end to end. Mine came in at 35-7/8". Pretty close I'd say. He did his with the mount on the bike.
FZ1MirrorMod-BikVis004.jpg

I'm very happy with the results. It gave me something to do that was inexpensive, and cured some of that cabin fever that I'm suffering from. Now I can't wait to see how it looks out on the road. It will be nice to be able to actually see behind me without having to do any "head-bobbing".

Last edited:
Looks great Billy! Can't wait to hear the ride report.

We cannot do this on the Gen II as the entire mirror and mount are totally different.

The Gen II mirros are a bit wider and flatter but not quite where this mod puts the Gen I.

Here's what I'd like to try if you do not mind.... when we get to meet up on the Sept. meet? I'd like to see of your mounts will bolt right on to my stock locations and see what the difference is IF they fit. Shouldn't take long to swap and try them out. :D If that is the case, I'll start looking for a Gen I set of mirrors with the mounts. :tup:

The Gen II mirros are a bit wider and flatter but not quite where this mod puts the Gen I.

Here's what I'd like to try if you do not mind.... when we get to meet up on the Sept. meet? I'd like to see of your mounts will bolt right on to my stock locations and see what the difference is IF they fit. Shouldn't take long to swap and try them out. :D If that is the case, I'll start looking for a Gen I set of mirrors with the mounts. :tup:

I'm sure that I'll be up to see you long before September buddy. Sure, we'll do it no problem!

Let me look to see what I have....I know that I have two bases, but the right mounting bolt is a bit stripped from the previous owner installing SAE on Metric.

If so, you interesteted for a small fortune?

Let me look to see what I have....I know that I have two bases, but the right mounting bolt is a bit stripped from the previous owner installing SAE on Metric.

If so, you interesteted for a small fortune?

I might be. :D I'll see if/how they fit and look and if so, I'll likely take them. I can run a die over that to cut the threads again. Is this only the bases or is it the mirrors with them? Thanks Adam!

have butchered set --- by butchered.....fouled up right mount that needs to be rethreaded and mirrors that I had sanded to paint gloss black, that I can finish if need be. They came on the bike and have been Fuzzied....

yours for the cost of shipping if ya want 'em....

have butchered set --- by butchered.....fouled up right mount that needs to be rethreaded and mirrors that I had sanded to paint gloss black, that I can finish if need be. They came on the bike and have been Fuzzied....

yours for the cost of shipping if ya want 'em....

Well, that's an offer I cannot refuse. :D I'll PM you my addy. Let me know what it cost for a slow ride to NH, ok? Can I PayPal you the money?

Thanks Adam!

Back