FZ1 -07 Turbo (pictures)

I can adjust the boost, with the boost as a function of the TPS signal but I will change that so the Boost pressure will increase with speed (something to do for the winter).

Hi Mr Helmet, did you fit a thicker head gasket to compensate for the turbos higher compression?:worship:

All hail the new FZ1n king !!! :worship:fantastic work mate, you have excellent skills . It is great to see something different from the norm, i am curious as how ridable the bike is with the turbo. Is the power linear and does the power come on smooth? & is the rest of your bike stock = suspension, brakes & tyres?.

The rest of the bike is stock. It sick to drive now but after the Dyno it will be better. I will probably hade it in the dyno next weekend.

Very cool !!! - Did you buy anything as a " kit " or did you buy the turbo and build all the rest yourself ?

Hard to see in the pics, is that an air/air intercooler in front of the radiator ?

That has to be a blast to ride, - nothing beats boost.

Its not a kit. I have not seen a turbo on a FZ1 before?

Yes it is a intercooler.

You might not want to ride it under boost till you get it tuned an afr of 13.4 will roast a motor very fast.
Looks like a fun ride.

Dyno time next weekend. But I dont see is at a big problem (look at the tps position). So its not under "super -hard load". But I will enrich the fuel for tomorrows roadtest.

Last edited:
Hi Mr Helmet, did you fit a thicker head gasket to compensate for the turbos higher compression?:worship:

I have lower compression now (8,8:1), but the headgasket is not the best way to do it on this bike. So I have not done it that way :p

Last edited:
So I'm curious, what did you source the actual turbo from ( buy brand new or ? ), and what size is it?

Probably a bit smaller than the 98/106mm units we race with on the cars LOL.

Thanks -

It is a mitsubishi tdo4

Yesterday I modified the clutch and turbo a bit. Optimizing things for sunday when the dyno is booked :)

I have decided to boost it with 1bar.

IMAG1262.jpg

IMAG1264.jpg

Last edited:
I'm guessing something like a Garrett GT12 or GT15.

"This is the smallest of the small frame Garrett GT turbos out there today. The GT12 will give you at max 130 HP. It will work well down to 50 HP and that makes it perfect for small engines like ATV's, motorbikes or other engines."

Its not a fiddy:D I have boost from 3500rpm (with closed wastegate, in the movie I hade it open all the time) and my turbo can output max 330 horspower. Suitable between 210-300 hp.

Last edited:
I know it's all in how much you want to twist the throttle but damn that's got to be scary powerful! :smoking: Impressive build, love seeing custom stuff!

Back