Garage Door Opener

MrHix

Decided that I don't like to have to carry a garage door opener on my keychain all the time, and I don't have the storage compartment of my ST1300. So I fixed up a switch on the outside. One switch, two pieces of wire, and a soldering iron and . . . .

Cheers,

MrHix

Cool

Decided that I don't like to have to carry a garage door opener on my keychain all the time, and I don't have the storage compartment of my ST1300. So I fixed up a switch on the outside. One switch, two pieces of wire, and a soldering iron and . . . .

Cheers,

MrHix

Very neat home built accessory.:tup:

I installed a keypad remote on the outside of my garage. Similar to the one at the link below:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Genie-Garage-Opener-Keypad-Intellicode/dp/B00283RXI4]Amazon.com: Genie Gwkic Garage Door Opener Keypad Intellicode Opener: Home Improvement[/ame]

I have to get off to enter my code but I do not need to cary anything or cut my bike. :) Comes in handy when we walk the dogs or go for a run. I hate carrying keys when I run.

I have the keypad also and it is great for walks. With this setup, I can just hit the button as I approach and ride right in. Only had to drill one 1/4" hole on the plastic fairing piece and one 1/8" hole on the rib underneath. The remote is velcroed to the bottom. If I don't want it there later (or sell the bike, not likely!), I'll buy a new plastic fairing piece ($64?).

Of course, you could just velcro the keypad to the tank when you ride ;-)

Cheers,

MrHix

Good job! I've also seen people wire them to the high beam. Just pull up and flash the high beam and back to low and the door opens. Works well since the opener is a momentary switch and emits one signal per press regardless of how long you hold the button.

Pretty slick idea.

I simply bought an extra remote to leave in my riding jacket. I never ride without it and it is in my inside pocket with the buttons facing out so all I do is press the button through my jacket (Star Trek style if you will) and the door opens/closes. Just another idea for those looking for solutions.

I can't believe how expensive the replacement Craftsman remotes are! Anyone have a line on 3rd party ones that work with the Craftsman openers? (Purple antenna)

I'd like to wire it with a momentary switch and power it off the bike so no battery is needed.

I can't believe how expensive the replacement Craftsman remotes are! Anyone have a line on 3rd party ones that work with the Craftsman openers? (Purple antenna)

I'd like to wire it with a momentary switch and power it off the bike so no battery is needed.
I bought the craftsman assure link interweb gateway. Just install the app on any cell and link it to the gateway.
I can open and close the door from pretty much anywhere as long as I have an internet connection (mobile is fine)

I have 3 ways I open my garage.

1. Garage door opener (usually in jacket pocket)
2. Keypad (I gotta dismount the bike in less than 10 feet anyway)
3. Call the wife a couple miles from home and ask her to push the button. (can't do this until Sena is mounted to new helmet)

Back