Givi bags & racks

3B43

Alright guys, I've posted before on this topic, but I'm getting ready to spend $$$$$$$ and have a few more questions:

1) It 'appears' that the SW-Motech rack is the way to go, as from what I've read, its a simple 'bolt on' operation . . . correct?
2) With the hard bags attached, is there ANY issue w/the passenger sitting on the bike, e.g. leg room vs bags.
3) G35 bags look 'sexier' then other bags . . . any comments on this?
4) Appears that Twisted Throttle is the easiest place to order from, right?

Any other comments or opinions on this 'mod'?

Are you on a Gen I or II?

The SW Motech racks are bolt-on and allow for passenger access to the stock footpegs. My only comment would be regarding the rear fender... I believe (this is not from experience) that most racks rely on a stock rear fender setup thus any FE Kit might hinder your mounting of these racks. Do you have an FE kit in place? If so, do you still have the stock fender and signals in the event you need them?

G35 cases ARE the best looking outside of the FJR cases (available from Europe). They are priced in the middle of those European OEM cases and rack and the Shad cases which are also very nice.

Do a Google shopping search for each item. Twisted Throttle is easy to get all the stuff from but you may find one or more parts cheaper at another site.

I've got a Gen II and the stock fender is in place. My concern is putting my XL Arai in the bag and according to the TT website, the V35 bags will NOT fit that helmet. The next bag up, the 41L bag supposedly you can stuff that helmet inside.

Stock FJR bags.....will they mount to the SW-Motech rack? A buddy of mine rides a FJR and I like the bags.

I've got a Gen II and the stock fender is in place. My concern is putting my XL Arai in the bag and according to the TT website, the V35 bags will NOT fit that helmet. The next bag up, the 41L bag supposedly you can stuff that helmet inside.

Stock FJR bags.....will they mount to the SW-Motech rack? A buddy of mine rides a FJR and I like the bags.

So you should be OK with mounting any of the racks then. :tup: Nope, only the small and x-small helmet will fit in a V35. Can you go with the V35 side cases and just get a large top-case to put that helmet in? Plus with a top case, you can mount the padding for your rider to use as a back rest. :D

The FJR bags will only fit on the OEM FZ1 Euro rack. :( Here's the best place to buy should you want to go the OEM route. Yamaha FZ1 Fazer - Street - Motorcycle Warning, the rack and two cases without shipping is just shy of (US Dollars) $1,400.00 with today's exchange rate! :eek5:

Last edited:
Thanks for the site. I can get colored matched FJR bags for about $500 EACH! Hmmmm . . . Anyone put the 41L bags on their Gen II? They'll allow a XL Arai in them, but I'm not sure how they'd look on the bike. Yes, I'll have 'em colored matched, as a guy I know does 'custom' rod painting jobs.

You can use the Givi PLX racks without the stock fender. Here is what I did to reinforce the fender mounts of the racks:

3993388930_a295d91f37_b.jpg

5853132573_78844aa42c_b.jpg

if you get the quick release SW motec racks you won't need to do anything at the rear regardless of having a fender eliminator or not. I think the V35's look a whole lot better than the 41's personally. A little biased though, I have the V35's

Back