GoPro Gyro Mount

I like that! I would never use that view though. I'd be too afraid of what my butt would look like :eek5:

The view could never be worse than what you have just seen in my video Patrice! Hahaha! Let me let Richie grab those Ball Bearings today and I'll take a spin through the neighborhood. If it works better I'll break it apart, catalog the parts, and list them for you.:D

Finally got here with the bearings. I installed them, and while they allow more fluid motion of the camera, I still have that tiny bit of play between the bushing and spindle. I wrapped the spindle with some teflon tape and reinstalled. It killed some play but not all. I think I'm going to pack the bushing with wheel bearing grease to see if will stop the transmission of clicking from the bushing to the camera. I guess this is going to take some more time.

Here's the new bearings in place.....
IMG_3747.jpg

You're lucky I spent the afternoon in the garage or I'd've been making harassing posts. Got me wondering how it'd work with my light mini cams. I'd likely need some weight below. Guess I'll get to work on the external mic for mine now.

You're lucky I spent the afternoon in the garage or I'd've been making harassing posts. Got me wondering how it'd work with my light mini cams. I'd likely need some weight below. Guess I'll get to work on the external mic for mine now.

:nono: Hold off on the harrassing posts Patrice. Hahaha!! If I could just find a spindle/bushing set-up that leaves no "play" I'd be all set. I have the motion part down. Baby steps I guess. I'll keep working on it! Tomorrow at work I'm going to find out if I have some Clevis Pins and Bushings that fit tighter than what I'm using now. That should get rid of the annoying "clicking" sound in the video. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

You ain't kidding girl! My garage is like a friggin oven! It had to be 100 degrees in there this afternoon. Thank God we're getting some rain in a bit here. Hopefully it will cool things off by tomorrow. I hate Summer!!!

Last edited:
:waiting:

Are you letting a car distract you? Come on man, get back to work on this.

Yes! I'm guilty Patrice! I know, I need to get back on track, especially since the GoPro is sitting there every day I get home. I'm almost done with the car. Just 4 more days and she'll be buttoned up so I can concentrate on "important" things!:evillaugh:

Let me bring this back up. I've been thinking about this recently. I just upgraded to full 720p camera (the #18 Mini DV) and will likely do create one like the mickey mouse one. I've been spending too much time over at the RC Groups forum :D I got inspired by the "Poor Man's Gimbal" and started searching a bit then remembered this thread.

I think I know what parts I need; just need to research programming the board.

Back