Hand Guards

PowerMadd hand guards are a bit flimsy in their construction, but for you guys that remove the stock mirrors, PowerMadd has a bolt-on mirror option for the hand guards as well.
PowerMadd

I had these on my DR-Z SuperMoto, but then opted for the Cycra hand guards and bar end mirrors.
The Cycra guards are much more substantial and have sliders on them for when ya hit the tarmac, which is quite possible on the 'tard. :doh2:

Zeta handguards

And yes i realize that these are not mounted on an FZ 1. I bought these to replace the stock plastic ones on my 2010 KLR 650 and was impressed with the quality of the fittings and finish. The plastic shields are smaller than the stock ones, but there are various sizes available (including ones with LED signals). Lucky for me when the cold weather comes, the larger stock plastic will fit just fine in place of the plastic that I currently have bolted on, requiring 2 holes to be drilled in them. The finish on the high grade aluminum is flawless. The bracketry allows for a large variety of bar angles and comes in various colours. All the bolts are hex head style and are very good quality stainless steel.

Zetahandguards1.jpg

ZetaguardsforKLR.jpg

Zetahandguards2.jpg

They are available here: [ZETA] - High Performance Products -

You should look at Yamaha snowmobile hand gaurds they may work? I have powermadds on my Polaris and they work good. I say look at Yamaha nytro ones as all the snowmobile ones are pretty much generic. On my FZ1 I went with the heated grips, you are looking around the 130 buck range and for me the way to go. This year started riding in March with morning Temps in the -11Cel range and hands were toasty.

Attaboy

On my FZ1 I went with the heated grips, you are looking around the 130 buck range and for me the way to go. This year started riding in March with morning Temps in the -11Cel range and hands were toasty.

You make an ex- Manitoban(and Winnipeger) proud ! :D I used to ride until I got caught out in the snow every season. It was so cold in the evenings and mornings that my hands would be all bent up in the mornings, until I warmed them in the shower. Heated grips were not very common back then, it would have been nice. I will probably put them on both my bikes come fall here.

Handlebar guards for 09 FZ1

Hi everyone,

Just trying to get set up for some fall riding. I was looking at some touring windshields from Rifle which are more expensive than some of the other manufacturers (but they look like they give the most protection) and some handguards from BarkBusters since my hands are always the first to give me trouble when it is cold out. Has anybody used either of these two? I don't think the Barkbusters will work with the Rifle winshield since it claims to be 8" wider than stock. It looks like the guards would hit when turning the handlebars all the ways from side to side.

Thanks,
Wayne

Rifle wind screen

Hey Wayne,
I had the rifle windscreen on my 07 FZ1. It offers pretty good wind protection and looks okay for winter driving. The only thing I didn't like was the noise. My head was right in the buffet area coming off the windscreen. If I crouch below it the sound was very quiet. If I stood up, it was also quieter because I was in "clean air". I always wear ear plugs though so it was not bad. I would recommend it for winter time and put the stock shield on in the summer. Hope that helps. I low-sided once though and it came off completely and got scratched up.

Back