• Shark

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nolan

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 16 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey Cueist, Do you find that the GMax has any whistling, buffetting issues due to the many vents?? I am seriously considering this helmet as an alternative to my Icon, especially after reading the promising review at webbikeworld.com. Appreciate all the input you can dish out about this lid.

Ares

I have a gmax crusader. I like the lights on the back and the number of vents it has. Also comes with an extra face shield for $107.00 plus shipping from kneedraggers you can't beat it.
Hope to get a shoei x11 someday though, when the moneys right. Goes nice with my red FZ1

Hey Bluemonday,
I do not have any other helmets to really compare my gmax too. It does seem to have quite a bit of wind noise especially at freeway speeds. I read several reviews at motorcycle superstore before buying and most people say the wind noise isn't any more than most other helmets. Alot of people also say they ride with ear plugs anyway although I haven't found it neccesary.
I am happy with my purchase and for the price it's hard to beat especially since it comes with 2 shields one clear and one tinted. Most helmets an extra shield will cost you another $35 or 40 dollars.

I really want to try out a Shark helmet. The reviews for them have been outstanding. Only problem is they are almost unknown here in the United States so I can't find a local dealer who carries them so I can see how the fit is.

Shark helmet is very big , if compare with other helmets and the quality is not equal as the price , and i am speaking for the expensive series!

helmets

i have 2 i wear at different times,of course:Danrx7rr for the summer and and Icon mainframe for winter.just got a shoei rf-1000 at the motorcycle show this weekend.25% off and its the dragon graphics.1st shoei i ever owned and i like it so far.

Last edited:
Shoei

Shoei is my only brain bucket, Have had a few over the years. Never put any to the test, hoping to keep it that way.:Rockon:

The RF900 Elite that I have:
leespictures195.jpg

The RF1100 that I will have next! And now I have it!:
Warlordrs.jpg

Last edited:
Arai fits my head better than any other helmet i tried. I have an "SV" model in plain silver (matching the bike, how sad). I also have a KBC which I got very very cheap, it's ok but not the same quality as Arai. It has a removable interior and I use it on very hot days or sweaty track days.

well, I had the Scropion Exo-700 and loved it except for the fact that the fact that my son tapped on the front vent and it broke. Took it back and the dealer would not replace (was just after I purchased the bike within the first week of ownership -- and hardly a worthy time to give a credible review. Except for the front vent -- JUNK!)

So -- I've been in an Exo-400 since then (b/c it doesn't have the same front vent) and I've been less forgiving and it has taken the abuse w/o breakage.

No problems with my Scorpion EXO 700, but I don't let my kids anywhere near it :D. Oh and the price I've seen it on closeout is unbeatable. So what if you got last year's graphics...

I never wear a helmet... The most protection I need are swim trunks and flip flops!

Haha just kidding. I went from a Shoei RF 900 to a Shoei X-11.

I was looking for the most venting available since I live in Texas. A little disappointed in that this helmet is so loud though and has some annoying whistles from all the vents. It does vent alot of air though.

I have the Shoei RF-1000 with a Metallic Smoke Visor. I love the Helmet. I get compliments on it all the time. GO E-bay for making it possible for getting a 500.00 helmet for 350.00

No problems with my Scorpion EXO 700, but I don't let my kids anywhere near it :D. Oh and the price I've seen it on closeout is unbeatable. So what if you got last year's graphics...

thought I'd be able to fix it, but the post that secures the vent to helmet is molded into the foam core and there is no way to gain access to it w/o compromising the integrity of the helmet......my attempt to repair the vent (superglue) left me with a perfect avenue for the air to whistle through....

After my Shoe x9 finally got to smell like a goat and fall apart, I got the silver Icon Domain on my 04 skunk & Kris has the Icon Mainframe Eternal Saint to match her 92 VFR750 Interceptor...

Last edited by a moderator:
Vega V-Tune - Nice ties into my iPhone for iPod functions and Hands Free with Voice Control - Great with TomTom iPhone App for Nav as well.

Back