How did you pick your username?

I did a search and did NOT find any threads talking about how people picked their username. I thought it might be fun to talk about it if there is a story behind it. Even if it has been done - there are new members that constantly join so I guess it can't hurt.

I was given this stupid nickname by my X. We went to the same high school and the HS was EXTREMELY geared toward football. At the time that I was attending we had the most winning high school football coach in the nation (Gordon Wood) and the most state championships in Texas. OK - not bragging (well maybe a little) but I wanted to set the background.
My X was in the drama/art department. She was FURIOUS because the football team had a charter bus, our meals were paid for us, etc. In fact - it was kind of like the movie Friday Night Lights. The whole town is centered on high school football. The drama department had NOTHING. LOL This produced a lot of bad feelings from any department that did not receive any funding. LOL I totally understand why they were angry.
We had movie night one night and we were watching a movie called Not Another Teen Movie. It is a slapstick comedy that is a spoof on teen movies. I actually thought it was pretty funny. Well there is a character called The Popular Jock and a girl's character who was in the drama/art department. We started teasing each other and the nicknames stuck.

not_another_teen_movie.jpg

I chose to use this username because EVERY username that I picked when I joined a forum was always taken. NO ONE picks thepopularjock and it makes it convenient. LMAO!!!! I guess this is the long version!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!

Last edited:
That is cool.
I noticed that ur from Colorado Springs. How do u like it there? The reason I ask is because I almost moved there. I was driving to Texas from a ski trip and we went through CS. I honestly thought that was one of the most beautiful towns that I had been through.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I flew helicopters in the Marine Corps and just like Topgun we all had "call signs" which were nicknames. They usually weren't real cool names (like Maverick or Viper) but for something goofy we did or a play on your real name. When I checked into my squadron, some of the senior pilots went to Quantico VA and first heard the Adam Sandler Cafeteria Song with the chorus line "sloppy Joe, slop sloppy Joe". When they came back (my first name is Joe) they called me Sloppy and it stuck. I went home and told my ex that I received my call sign. She didn't like it but when I told her that Roid's name was given to him because he had a hemorrhoid removed and that Stain received his called sign because they found a stain in his underwear when they deployed a couple of years earlier she changed her mind and enthusiasm about my call sign.:)

Pre MMA days we had full contact karate tournaments. I used to win a lot of matches by TKO hence the nickname.

Alas, now I am older (51), fatter, slower but, thankfully, wiser, too. :tup:

That is cool.
I noticed that ur from Colorado Springs. How do u like it there? The reason I ask is because I almost moved there. I was driving to Texas from a ski trip and we went through CS. I honestly thought that was one of the most beautiful towns that I had been through.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I love it here! I moved here from Tennessee and never once thought of moving back. The weather is fantastic, they have had more snow in the 'south' this year than we have! And IMO, nothing beats riding thru the Rocky Mountains.
(FYI...I have a few pics taken from around the state on my page. :))

My names Geno... 21 is my favorite number.

:)

And the "Papa" part????

No real rocket science with mine ... been racing motox forever (race #36) and thought "lee36" sounded cool and pretty much started using it on moto boards... mountain bike forums and now FZ1. No matter what I ride I'm still lee36 :D

And the "Papa" part????

Some people used to call me PapaGeno in my old Jeep club.. I dunno, I have heard that my whole life from random people who think they are clever and saying something I have never heard before.

So that is just what I started going by lol.

The way I see it is.. I have been called worse. LOL

i had a few friends who called me spider when i was young cause it ryhmed with my last name so it stuck and i just changed the letters a little bit

My name is Jasen and I ride a gixxer.

No wait...no I don't. I have an FZ1. So that doesn't make any sense. Well, I used to have a gixxer. It was stolen so I bought a tiller. Got rid of it and got another gixxer. A few bikes later and I have an FZ1. Sigh, can't really get rid of the name as I've been using it on various boards for ten years now.

I'm the prime example of why you don't use your bike in your name. I did attempt to come up with something unique to change it to a few years back but was unable to settle on anything.

Oh yea, and this post would be worthless if I didn't whore it up with pics of the bikes that gave me my name.... :D

Freshly washed, that's water not anything leaking. 2001 Suzuki GSX-R600

110-1003_IMG.JPG

And here's my 2004 Suzuki GSX-R600 track bike.
IMG_0784.JPG

I literally made mine up years ago. No story. Was Haileyan but now use Hail on most boards. I just made something up that would pretty much guarantee I can use the same name in every forum and game I play without contention.

Some people used to call me PapaGeno in my old Jeep club.. I dunno, I have heard that my whole life from random people who think they are clever and saying something I have never heard before.

So that is just what I started going by lol.

The way I see it is.. I have been called worse. LOL

LOL - I deal with the same thing. My last name is Ford and people call me "Chevy" and roar with laughter!!! LOL They HONESTLY think that they are the first person in my 40 yrs to think of that!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!

Pretty Vanilla for me,
My Name is David Ricketts. So it only felt right to name myself after my dog
"Earl Zachary" Earlzach
I never understood why people call me Earl?:hook2:

Back