HP or Torque upgrade

hmmm Gen II... and want to keep it "Street Legal" ... well that rules out any exhaust and intake mods...

You can change your gearing... go with a 16T sprocket up front... and a 47 in the rear... that'll make it feel like it has a bunch more torque... but... in order to keep it street legal, you'll need to buy a SpeedoHealer....

Basically... in order to keep it "street legal" that isn't much, if anything you can do.... change the exhaust and intake? might not pass emissions... all jet kits/ Power Commanders, K&N filters, etc, say for offroad use only....

For real gains... you've got to play a little on the "dirty" side...
Then, Gut the cats.
Tie the flies.
Mod the air-box
get a Slip-on and disable the EXUP
Buy a Power Commander (III or V) and download a good map...

All of the above, you just need to buy the Power Commander and Exhaust.... the rest of the list is free.

I'd suggest a quality exhaust, Power Commander and a good dyno tune. I'd guess you'd get a good 5 to 10% dump across the powerband. Granted it isn't cheap, but it will work.

Look for a shop that uses an Eddy Current dyno and a 4 Gas EGA.

An exhaust, nor any given mod will not necessarily make your bike "illegal", that will depend on the individual state. For example in Texas an aftermarket exhaust is legal. Also a good dyno tune with a Power Commander will most likely make your bike run cleaner and get better mileage. The stock Power Commander maps tend to really suck.

A good place to look regarding nationwide rulings on aftermarket equipment is the SEMA web site. http://www.sema.org/

Thanks alot guys, you have been more than helpful. Will look into all of it. Im not worried about the "legal" part, more the "not getting pulled over every time the cops hear me" part, lol. thanks alot.

hi there can some one teachme how to make the mod to the air box of the fz1 2006 thx in advance.

This ought to give you a good idea of what needs to be done.

Also if you want to keep the factory filter cut the plastic nipples off of the screen and remove the screen.

When doing the airbox mod, is it really worth doing the extreme mod, meaning the cable relocation? Is the flow that restricted outside of the box?

I'll have to dig in there some night during the next period of rain. But, without the PC III or V, is is worth doing? I've only done the TB slip-on without gutting the cat at this point.

Someone in the other forum posted a link to an aftermarket cat to slip in. I was thinking if I had that and the TB P4 tip, I'd likely pass inspections here, then come home, remove both in 15 minutes, and put them on the shelf for another year. ;)

I would do the cable relocation too. I want to try it on the FZ6 too. At the moment I can't decide whether to do all the performance mods in a shot or do them incrementally. Following is lined up:

1. Lars Airbox Mod
  2. BMC Air filter
  3. Ivan's FCE
  4. Ivan's AIS Block-Off
  5. PC3 with custom map for above mods or Duke's hybrid 2.0 map
  6. Micron Hydra Serpent Headers

Anyone have suggestion about what order to go?

I would do the cable relocation too. I want to try it on the FZ6 too. At the moment I can't decide whether to do all the performance mods in a shot or do them incrementally. Following is lined up:

1. Lars Airbox Mod
  2. BMC Air filter
  3. Ivan's FCE
  4. Ivan's AIS Block-Off
  5. PC3 with custom map for above mods or Duke's hybrid 2.0 map
  6. Micron Hydra Serpent Headers

Anyone have suggestion about what order to go?

Wait, wait, wait... You have been telling me to do mods like you've been there, done that... and you haven't? :spank2: :p I thought you'd done all of them?

I am not buying into the Ivan's stuff. Especially the FCE as I think it is $150 too much. It's only about $20 worth of parts! The benefits are there if I was taking the bike to the track to win races, but not on the street. His block-off can be done all on your own, no need to buy anything to do that mod... free one! :D You can do this too and save the cash! :sinister:

Thus, my paying mods are the PC V and bmc filter. I'm going to do the free airbox mod along with the AIS blockoff. Then I need to get it tuned by a pro and get the custom map done. :D

Have you not downloaded the latest map pack ?

http://duken4evr.homestead.com/files/Misc/FI_Maps.zip

there should be at least one on there that'll do the job for ya.

Got them now, thanks! Of course I need to buy a PC III or V first... Duken has an explanation file but there's no others. Is there a page that states what mods were done to the bike when each map was made?

I have to find more disposable income. :sinister:

Back