i lost my best friend

S

stormsmack

well guys, Ive been absent from the forum for a week or so. I have a story to share that will make you realize how dangerous our chosen past time really is.

If you guys have noticed, I'm a member of a local riding crew called the Sentinels. We are a small crew, we do this to keep the family feel, real. I was out riding w my president and his girlfriend last weekend(7/2) he was in the lead, less experienced girlfriend 2nd, me bringing up the rear. we were just going to get some pizza. the girlfriends bike ran outta fuel, so we pulled off to the side of the two lane blacktop w a 3 ft apron. Vikk didnt notice @ first, he went up about 1/2 mile and pulled a uturn. he came back to us on the otherside of the road and pulled of on the apron to perform another uturn. as he was waiting, a truck pulling a loaded horse trailer was passing him. i turned to the girlfriend and made some regretful, inane comment about her rookie ass running outta fuel, thats when I heard the impact.... I turned and looked and my friend and brother was laying on the side of the road. his bike a crumpled mess. me, being an Emt, ran to the scene as fast as I could to my brothers side, but it was already too late. he had passed away on impact. I did what I could to bring my prez, my friend, my brother back. but was unable to do so. he was pronounced on scene.

this is what happens when u have one moment of inattention. looking @ the evidence, he waited for the truck to go by, but didnt see the trailer. he turned into the side of the trailer.

this was a tragic accident, I wanted to blame the driver and I spent 4 1/2 hours in the back of a cop car cuz I went after the driver of the truck. a second regrettable cuz instead of being there for my friends, I was "detained" for my own safety.

please ride safe out there folks, this was a split second decision that cost my best friend his life. he was not under the influence of anything. just a horrible choice.

thanx for reading,
Storm

ps
If you have mirrors like the pig spotters or anything that doesnt let you see past your shoulders, ditch them and get some functional mirrors.

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all I'm so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and to his family and other friends.

I had read about this on another forum, but didn't know all the details. What a tragic accident :(

Damn! I am so sorry for your loss. Being right there with this accident is the worst. I am sorry you had to go through this. I hate that he had to die but I'm glad he did not suffer. My deepest condolences to you all.

njfz1, could you send me a link to the other forum plz?

njfz1, could you send me a link to the other forum plz?

Sorry, I can't even remember at the moment what forum it was ( I read too many of them...). If I can find it again I will sent you the link in a PM.

I just saw the video and my heart goes out to his kids. Terrible thing for them to have to go through this again :(

SO sad. SO sorry for your loss. Yes, everyone please be careful. Wear your gear. We never leave the house thinking "this could be the day I have an accident". It happens SO fast.

Sorry to hear about your friend's accidental death. RIP. Agree that inattention for a fraction of a second can be deadly, let's all be careful out there. The smallest details can foul us up at any time.

I can't imagine the loss you must feel. But, I hope you can take some solace in the fact he didn't suffer. Seek support, family and friends and try and remember that God is love. I know, I don't know how He lets things like this happen, but I still know He is love.

Last edited:
I am so sorry to hear of this. I've been through a tragedy myself. I remember a month or so after a guy in front of a burger joint came up to me on my bike and gave me a long sad story, the bottom line of which was "could you help a fellow in need?" Normally I'd give such a guy a buck or two but his story couldn't touch mine for badness. I told him "I'm down in my luck myself." And he said "Oh sorry" and walked away. Life hangs by a thread for all of us. This recent tragedy is yours to bear for now. But know that many of us have suffered losses and we're here for you, at least in spirit.

Norm

This is almost beyond belief, I could not watch the whole video.

I am sure that your family will look after those poor children but that does not bring back their Mum and Dad.

Sometimes we pay a heavy price for doing what we love, I hope in the end it is worth it.

God bless.

Back