I think Yamaha should try these in the US

This stuff does not sell in the US .... everybody has tried to bring in this sort of machine and they sell a few hundred and the rest pile up in warehouses. We do not live in the 1960's any longer and a step through Honda and the tag line, "You meet the nicest people on a Honda" is outdated and not operative. The price in the US would be more than $1,500 due to emission testing, crash testing, marketing, etc, etc. The importers have been burned too many times on the few people who swear they would buy one of these and then are no where to be found once they roll into the dealer's showrooms.

Experience shows they would not sell many of these. Americans want proper sized vehicles.

Why has the Ninja 250 been one of the best selling motorcycles in the US for the past two decades? In this economy more and more people want affordable and efficient transportation.

I like it too! That would be fun for around town, and non-highway commuting. The fuel savings would justify the cost of the bike in very little time. I totally would buy one for ripping around, it would be like riding a bicycle compared to the FZ1.

Yamaha should take their motocross 250 or 450 engine and stuff in that chassis. They are missing out on the small displacement market right now. Honda and Kawasaki are selling lots of CBR250s and Ninja 300s.

I have this one in the exact color scheme back in India. 160ccs of fun!

87572d1354530399-apache-rtr-fi-apache-160.jpg

TVS_ApacheRTR160.jpg

Back