I'm back. . . kind of.

I'm back. . . kind of. (Now with Pictures!)

It's been almost 8 months since I had to sell my FZ1 (a truely sad day), but I am finally back in the saddle. . . but with a little deception . . .

Was searching for a bike for a good 3 months. Bouncing ideas of a pure sport bike (08+ R1), to an older VTwin (06ish RC51), to a cruiser (still really like the Warrior). But, my search ended with my new gem.

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

2007 Kawasaki Z1000

Found it in Clifton, Arizona -- About a 4 hour drive from me. After about a week of talks, I had the bike in my possession. The owner, a 63 year old man, bought this at the same time as a Harley :tdown: and a KLR 650. He said his ride to work was 7 miles and the speedlimit was 35, not getting much use out of the bike.

He bought it Oct of 08, it sat in a climate controlled garage, was never out in the rain/weather, and only had 1500 miles on. Yes, 1,500!

He even trailered it down to Phoenix for me, a 4 hour drive. He pulled it out of his enclosed trailer and it looked like a brand new bike coming out of the crate. Great experiance, great person, great bike. I love it.

I hope I can still hang around as the Kawasaki forums are kind a lame!

Last edited:
I hope I can still hang around as the Kawasaki forums are kind a lame!

First of all congrats on getting another bike. It sucks not to be able to ride. And you know you're always welcomed here no matter what you're riding. I have the feeling one day you'll find yourself on another FZ1 ;)

Welcome back and congrats on the new ride.

If there is one thing I have discovered looking for a bike for the wife. I have been on other forums and regardless of what bike I may own I will be on this site as long as I am on two wheels. I don't know how other motorcycle forums continue to go on, just horrible. No reply's no knowledge (I'am not referring to the other FZ site). Something about FZ guys and gals rule...

One of my buddies sold his Busa two months ago and got a 03 Z1000 with 3600 mi. He loves it, said he had forgot what its like to ride a bike that handles.

A Kawasaki?????? I guess if that is what you want to ride??? LOL!!! Hey bro, awesome bike! Nice pictures! I will be down in september. I want to ride it! I am not sure how you and the older bro are now riding Kawasaki's, but I am keeping my Fz1!

For sure. Moved into the new place June 1st.

It was super nice to get out of the apartment, but my dog passed on us the same week. (Had to put him down the same day I got the keys.) Really put a downer on the house, as we chose it with him in mind. A good place for him. Still beating me up inside.

We've passed the idea around some but haven't really committed to it. Our Cat, who is about 9 now (she was 3 when we got Duke) was really lost without him. It's our first move where she was alone in a new house, without him to protect her. She sat at the garage door and cried for about 2 days, waiting for him to come in.

Still hear ghost barks and what not when someone knocks. I hear his tags jingling when I walk in the door. I feel him jumping on the bed at night. Still to real to think about replacing him.

We've passed the idea around some but haven't really committed to it. Our Cat, who is about 9 now (she was 3 when we got Duke) was really lost without him. It's our first move where she was alone in a new house, without him to protect her. She sat at the garage door and cried for about 2 days, waiting for him to come in.

Still hear ghost barks and what not when someone knocks. I hear his tags jingling when I walk in the door. I feel him jumping on the bed at night. Still to real to think about replacing him.

understandable. it will get easier, but it certainly does take time. good luck pal.

Back