Installed the Gen I 16T sprocket on the Gen II

Something like modmeister, you really have it bad :)

Terrible! My wife thinks it is terminal... like... she's going to kill me if I don't stop it. :fencers: :shoot: :rant: :th_smiley_rotfl2[1]

The good news? After the Copperdog stuff comes in, there's not a whole lot more to get. It will be the bike I've always wanted.

It only leaves a Power Commander, graves fe kit, throttlemeisters, speedodrd, highway pegs, ss braided brake lines, BMC air filter, ASV levers, swingarm spools, front axle sliders, EXUP eliminator plug from Graves, Graves velocity stacks, AIS blockoff plates and Shad racks and side cases for touring.

Not a lot? Right??? :D

Terrible! My wife thinks it is terminal... like... she's going to kill me if I don't stop it. :fencers: :shoot: :rant: :th_smiley_rotfl2[1]

The good news? After the Copperdog stuff comes in, there's not a whole lot more to get. It will be the bike I've always wanted.

It only leaves a Power Commander, graves fe kit, throttlemeisters, speedodrd, highway pegs, ss braided brake lines, BMC air filter, ASV levers, swingarm spools, front axle sliders, EXUP eliminator plug from Graves, Graves velocity stacks, AIS blockoff plates and Shad racks and side cases for touring.

That's a good one, the only medication I can think of to perscribe is a good dose of nice weather, so that you can ride it instead of modifications!

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Well I'm stuck at work until 5 PM EDST so you're going to eat a lot of popcorn while you wait ;), but the pictures will be interesting and some of you probably know what I'm referring to since I haven't had a chance to ride because of it.

Well I'm stuck at work until 5 PM EDST so you're going to eat a lot of popcorn while you wait ;), but the pictures will be interesting and some of you probably know what I'm referring to since I haven't had a chance to ride because of it.

I know exactly what you are referring to but won't spoil the surprise for the others. Oohh I love good pictures! Use the good camera.:D

My father lives in Marlborough, MA. Their company develops vaccines for things like flu, yellow fever, etc. He has never mentioned anything about having a vaccine for motorcycle moditis, but I can check with him if you want.

I don't know how many times I have told my wife the cost of the the Copperdawg screen that I want, but she still reacts with the same level of shock every time I tell her, as if its the first time. She expects it to be the price of a zero Gravity screen, LOL. At least she has her own bike so I don't have too much trouble when it comes to spending money on my bike. Her bike is getting custom paint and graphics in April.

She doesn't know about some of the mods. ;) Some just slipped through the cracks. She actually doesn't mind a mod or two now and then but she likes it when I ask for them on special occasions like Xmas, B'Day, Father's Day, etc... The big mods come when the company hands out the big bonuses. :D It's just funny that she'd said there shouldn't be any modding yet less than 30 hours after taking delivery of the bike, I was clicking submit on a cart for parts.

Last edited:
Ok, today, after being very sick for two days, I FINALLY got to take her out for the commute to work. Granted, I wasn't feeling all that great still but the day was worthy of riding with the sun shining.

HOLY CRAP! Who'd have imagined that an FZ1 could change so much with the loss of a single tooth on a drive sprocket! This big girl just turned into a BEAST! I can appreciate the search for 7th gear now even more. She certainly stretches her legs a bit sooner now!

The biggest difference thus far, because I've yet to take it out for a carving, is around town. Gone is that "stuck between gears and RPMs" ride where you wished traffic was either a bit faster or slower. I did hit one "S" curve exit off the short piece of highway that I do use and noticed too that there wasn't a feeling of being in the wrong gear... she just powered right on through the corner and rolled off the apex like a modern coaster on rails.

Unsure about how I like this at highway speeds though. I suppose, it will slow me up a bit and stop my wife's FZ6R from struggling so hard to keep up. But, I can also see more frequent stops at the pumps now too. ;)

Time to get the SpeedoDRD ordered.

That all sounds good to me Eric. Glad you are liking it. I have already ordered my new 16t front and a 45t rear, along with a new Gold X-Ring 530 Chain. It will leave me with the same gearing as you and Tony. I was gonna go 16/46 but I decided to hold off for now and just go 16/45. The parts should be here by Wednesday along with all my fork parts as well. Wouldn't it be cool for me to be able to roll up into the "Busted Knuckle" garage and do some upgrades!!!

Bring it up Billy! We'll Git 'R Dun! Seriously, we'd love to have you here. We can get the mods done, go do some "test rides" and then come back for a big BBQ meal. :D Wife is taking her last two classes for her second Master's so we're not going anywhere for the next 11 weeks that isn't local.

Bring it up Billy! We'll Git 'R Dun! Seriously, we'd love to have you here. We can get the mods done, go do some "test rides" and then come back for a big BBQ meal. :D Wife is taking her last two classes for her second Master's so we're not going anywhere for the next 11 weeks that isn't local.

I may just do that! It would be a great ride for Rich and I. Let's see how the weather will be in the next two weekends. I'll let you know well ahead of time. That would be a great weekend indeed!!

I can tell you that this coming weekend here isn't going to be great, rather cold. Unsure about the following weekend. We'll have to plan on getting Norm over here too so you fellow NY'rs can reminisce!

Back