Installing modded flies by Copperdog

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
There's no need to do pictorials, write-ups and How-To's with Patrick behind the camera. This is how it is done. Thanks Copperdog!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr0o7cmFKzM]YouTube - FZ1 Video tutorials - Flies Mod[/ame]

Just got my set of CD flies and thanks to video... No problem.
little heat from a mini-torch and a good snap-on #0 phillips and a touch of thread locker, she is good to go.
nice throttle response. A must do mod for less then 50 bucks

:bowdown:

Excellent video, is there any downside to doing this mod? Is a Power Commander needed after doing this? My bike is stock besides a slip-on, thinking of doing this as well as opening up the airbox at the same time and dropping a tooth on the front sprocket.

I haven't had any ill effects of this mod and I did do the airbox, ais and 16T. Loving it! No power commander either but I'd still like to have one. Suspension is next though.

Well, I have the speedodrd installed and corrected the bike to near actual. I am getting an average of 32 mpg before putting it up for the winter. The Fuelly number you see will continue to fall because that was from no healing and stock sprocket which is way off to begin with. Actual MPG with stock healed was about 35/36 so I lost 3 - 4 mpg.

I have the 16T with me but I will wait to see its difference when spring comes up to do some hard riding. I certainly noticed a little less acceleration compared to other litre bikes on our weekend rides when we are literally flying over wavy roads at 100-120mph. For normal riding I don't think I will notice much of a difference with the 16T. Same was the case with the FZ6 where 15T didn't make much difference.

I ordered copperdaws flies last monday.This video will help me to install them.What screwdriver is used to install the flies: philips 0, or philips 00?
I don't want destroy screws with an inadapted screwdriver

thank you for your reply.I hope to receive the mods flies soon, and in the same time I modify the airbox.
After,I think that I put one adapted Duken's map in my PC3

I ordered copperdaws flies last monday.This video will help me to install them.What screwdriver is used to install the flies: philips 0, or philips 00?
I don't want destroy screws with an inadapted screwdriver

#0 Make sure you heat them up enough you should smell the original thread locker and see a little smoke. I had one screw that gave me a issue because I didn't use enough heat. Make sure you are perfectly perpendicular with your screw driver as well. Use blue locktite on the reinstall.

philips 0, heat the screws for atleast 30 sec and try not to use any force at all. Press down firmly at the screws and turn. Wiggle a bit before using force

#0 Make sure you heat them up enough you should smell the original thread locker and see a little smoke. I had one screw that gave me a issue because I didn't use enough heat. Make sure you are perfectly perpendicular with your screw driver as well. Use blue locktite on the reinstall.

I didn't use any heat on mine and had no issues, but since it seems to work for most people heating them up will only help.

Another thing that I found useful was to lightly tap a few times on the back of the screwdriver with a hammer once it was on the screw. This seated it into the screw even better and the shock probably helped break the thread locking compound.

Back