Irene...

map_tropprjpath09_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg

Looks pretty intense. I am a bit nervous myself, being in RI. Going to get completely run over with this one.

Earlier today they were talking about evacuating the state...

We are in the direct path no doubt but I expect it to hit land in the Carolinas which should take some of the wind out of Irene's sails ... here's hopin...

I do feel for those folks though... looks like they are the front line!

Now I don't know ... just saw another track that has it way off the coast of the carolinas on saturday... More East than I care to see as it will have it hitting southeastern new england dead on...

That's it ... ain't lookin' any more!!! lol

Looks pretty intense. I am a bit nervous myself, being in RI. Going to get completely run over with this one.

looks like it will be slowed down quite a bit by the time it gets here compared to how it started off. i'm sure everything will be ok. i will be garaging the fz-1 for irene, i can tell you that much! ALL UNITS, IRENE! I SAY AGAIN, IRENE!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yOEOJ1BARk&feature=related]Black Hawk Down - Irene: Voodoo Child - YouTube[/ame]

Evacuating for 65mph winds? I would think that is overkill. We just had a storm here a few days ago with 60mph winds and no one batted an eye. Its really not that bad until they get up to 90mph +

I predict it will loose steam and be downgraded to a Class 1 or tropical storm. Which can still do a lot of damage but it won't destroy buildings.
I used to be a catastrophe insurance adjuster and really enjoyed it. You have a job where you give people money. It was pretty cool. That was back in 05 when Katrina/Wilma hit. I sold off everything I owned to do the work and got lucky - I was stationed in Ft Lauderdale for a year. The so called "experts" predicted that our weather patterns had shifted and we would deal with hurricanes like that every year. LOL - I am glad they were wrong. Wilma was a horrible hurricane and destroyed people's lives -it was also the last time I was deployed for a hurricane.
So every time I see a hurricane watch on TV I kind of shake my head. These things seem to have a pattern. They are HORRIBLE storms at see and they are headed right for us but most of the time they loose steam either before they hit land or right after. Don't get me wrong - I lived in Florida for a year. I was literally 75 yards from the shore. I have hung plywood hours before a storm hit.
Whatever happens - I hope everyone is alright. Being without power, water, etc totally sucks. So I hope that Irene plays herself out while she is at sea.

It will be a little bit of wind and a lot of rain here in New England. Bring in the garbage cans and make sure the dog is tethered when he needs to pee...

Yeah, there are a lot of beach houses they are worried about. I am personally not going anywhere, nor is anyone I know.

100+ mph winds though, not 60. That is all they keep talking about.

Still has me a little worried, I have never seen anything like this.

Evacuating for 65mph winds? I would think that is overkill. We just had a storm here a few days ago with 60mph winds and no one batted an eye. Its really not that bad until they get up to 90mph +

yeah i don't get that either. but we haven't really had a bad hurricane up our way since the 90's hahaha so give us a break

I dunno, mother nature will do whatever she wants, and as much as they think they can predict what it will do, they cant. Just prepare for the worst my friends, and I'll hope for the best!!! Duck and cover! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Headed to Hawaii now, are ya? ;) :yes:

Well if your going to LBI forget Saturday and Sunday because I just heard that they have a manditory evacuation.

Actually headed all the way down to almost the tip on NJ (well pretty close anyway). I was able to change my arrival from Sat to Mon and just extend my stay by two days. I just hope I can get down there on Mon and that there's no major flooding or power outages.

I've sustained 120+ mph winds without any trouble. I know the bike will go faster though... ;)

It will not amount to much up this way. Bob came in 1991, the last hurricane to make landfall in New England and it was a category 1.

Let the cat in, shut the windows and have some brews.... Irene will blow through in no time. I'm not concerned about the wind as much as the amount of potential rain and flooding.

Now if I see a Volvo fly by..... :eek5:

Last edited:
Back