Is this or is this not the best exhaust ever?

In my opinion this is the best thing you can put on your Fazer if you have planned to replace the OEM can:

Leovince_GPPro_Fazer

It is handmade, and at least from an aesthetic point of view nothing compares. You can buy it for about 500$. Of course I like it also because it is made it in my country - where also Ferrari and Lamborghini are made (you're right, also Ducati and MV Agusta, but they don't drive me crazy:Liar:).

So, what's your opinion? Which is your favourite exhaust?

For the money, I love the looks and sound of the Yoshimura Slip-on, either carbon fiber or steel, both look good and sound great. I'm not a big fan of those megaphone shaped exhausts. I never liked Kerkers either just because of the shape.

You guys living on "the boot" sure know how to make some awesome stuff though. thats the truth. Hey, how crazy is it over there when MotoGp goes to Imola? It must be nuts!

No doubt that the LeoVince 'sounds' probably the best with the crisp barking growl. I prefer a more traditionak can however that dosn't attract attention like the multi-welded GP look can. All personal preference I guess. But their spendy either way.

When I plunk down $500 for an aftermarket muffler I want it to look finished and the Leo looks like someone forgot to complete the job. I have a MIVV Suono.

In my opinion this is the best thing you can put on your Fazer if you have planned to replace the OEM can:

Leovince_GPPro_Fazer

It is handmade, and at least from an aesthetic point of view nothing compares. You can buy it for about 500$. Of course I like it also because it is made it in my country - where also Ferrari and Lamborghini are made (you're right, also Ducati and MV Agusta, but they don't drive me crazy:Liar:).

So, what's your opinion? Which is your favourite exhaust?

Well that exhaust would be a big fat NO for me. I despise the megaphone look on a bike!! No way to dork it up faster IMHO. For my coin...Akra carbon/Ti all the way.

I'm sure it's a well made exhaust, but personally it doesn't do anything for me. I alkways think thay it belongs more on a dirt bike than anything else :laugh2:

I am a big fan of replacing the complete exhaust on the Gen 2 bikes. You get a nice boost of mid-range power. And either the Yosh TRC or R-77 in CF fit the bill for me, but I might be a little biased :D

Last edited:
I don't doubt the quality of the engineering that went into that exhaust, but I just don't feel like it fits the form and lines on the FZ1, almost, to me, like it just doesn't belong there. I like my little Two Bros can but when I replace it, it will be with the Akrapovic. I love the looks, the sound is deep but not obnoxious and.... it is the only aftermarket exhaust that is street legal. :D

Like he said!

for me... Hands down, my favorite exhaust goes to mivv.... There's a reason i took off my leovince and put a mivv on...

:+1: Mivv gp

IMG_0093.jpg

Last edited:
Legal

allthegoodies.jpg

The Orange piece of paper says mine is street legal. If I leave the piece that is riveted in the end With a single rivet.
Even comes with a wallet card to say so!

The Orange piece of paper says mine is street legal. If I leave the piece that is riveted in the end With a single rivet.
Even comes with a wallet card to say so!

So I stand corrected. ;) MIVV with the baffle left in and I also found the Devil site listing two cans that are street legal. :icon_beer:

fz1master.jpg

I believe....you believe the 'Orange card' to be something you could display to the Police or whatever inspector individuals your country has, here I don't think it would fly untill you appeared before a judge, and even then you might need department of transportation 'DOT' documentation to get a 'modiffied exhaust' citation dropped. I'm no authority however. But....bottom line, have fun while you 'personalize' your FZ, thats half the fun right there.

I'll take a slightly dissenting view here - at first glance I like it! The curvy shape takes away from the hardness and obviousness of regular silencers. It blends in instead of shouting out. That said, it seems a little short on the FZ, like it should be a bit longer to flow better. I would like it not to have the brass-colored bits, silver instead, but it wouldn't be a show-stopper. I would like to see it in reality. It would be nice with a carbon fiber wrap.

I also like that hot MIVV - but I would have to have 'em make one without that logo-plate - that's fugly.

I also like that hot MIVV - but I would have to have 'em make one without that logo-plate - that's fugly.

I've seen a pic of one that was removed but the guy hit it with flat black hi-temp paint and put it back on with new rivets. Looks good!

I'd still prefer the undertail exhaust like the R1 and FZ6 though.

I don't doubt the quality of the engineering that went into that exhaust, but I just don't feel like it fits the form and lines on the FZ1, almost, to me, like it just doesn't belong there. I like my little Two Bros can but when I replace it, it will be with the Akrapovic. I love the looks, the sound is deep but not obnoxious and.... it is the only aftermarket exhaust that is street legal. :D

I put the Akro on mine as well. The sound if perfect for the steet. I don't feel like the neighborhood squid when I leave the house at 5:30 am. :2cents:

"Pyrogenic" has a point about it flowing and being short to enhance the looks and 'flow' . I have a Delkevic can on my Gen.1 and its the standard 'long' can in length. I think I would prefer the same 'can' in the shorter version. It seems as the length of 'a' can aproaches the same space or even just a bit longer than the back of the rear tire, the look is less.....?? ...asthetic?

Back