Its to hot to ride

I'll take it's too hot to ride, over it's too hot and I'm gonna wear shorts/flip flops any day!

Get some Summer gear though!

+1

i hate sweattin my balls of on the way to or from work.

eventually i'll get a mesh jacket with the pads and all, similar to my normal textile one. or at least something with more air flow and more than 2 vents (s'what i have.)

once the wind is hot no matter how fast you go, its to hot for me to ride :)

Could be worse, you could live where I live ;)

Would you rather ride in some hot & dry weather or some miserable, grey, torrential storm?

:sinister:

On Monday I rode in 103 degree temps and 85% humidity. I was definitely hot but I enjoyed my ride!. I wore my full leather reinforced mesh two piece suit, gauntlet gloves (not shorties) and my Sidi boots.

I hate hot weather but for some reason I don't think about it when I am riding.

Last edited:
Never too hot to ride... 112 degrees in Phoenix today.

White mesh Joe Rocket Cleo Jacket and a cooling vest. Only problem is the cooling vest dries out in about 15 minutes at this temp.

Prefer the heat to the rain.

Unrelated, but this thread made me think of it: I dunno if anyone here is a hick like me, but there was this book called "Ruff Tales" with a bunch of hilarious folk stories in it.

One was called "the faster you go, the cooler you get". It was about an old farmer who's out in his field, and he's just knocking off for the day and unhitching his horse when a buddy of his pulled up in a brand new cadillac convertible. He offers to give the farmer and his horse a ride home, since they can put the top down and get the horse in the back. The farmer agrees.

It's a pretty hot day, but the farmer (never having been in a convertible) is amazed at how cool the wind makes him. His friend, having a ball, floors it and says "the faster you go, the cooler you get"! Pretty soon they're flying along the back roads at 60mph, having a grand old time.

They finally get to the farmer's driveway and his friend drives away. As they're walking up the road, the farmer decides that he'll ride the horse the rest of the way. He mounts up bareback and the horse starts to trot. This gives the farmer an idea. He starts to kick the horse in the flanks a little and pick up speed, muttering "the faster you go, the cooler you get!". Pretty soon they're flying along the driveway at a full gallop, and he's screaming "THE FASTER YOU GO, THE COOLER YOU GET!"

As they come up the final hill to the house, the horse gives out and dies of a heart attack at full stride. The horse goes down and the farmer flies off into the brush screaming bloody murder. His wife comes running out of the house and says "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT HERE??"

The farmer gets up and dusts himself off, and they both look down at the horse. After a minute, the farmer goes "I reckon he froze to death".

Fin.

I rode the day it was 107, I wore jeans,boots, and an Under Armour shirt under my mesh jacket. It was hot, but while riding I was considerably cooler then I've ever been in just a tshirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I swear I'm getting a "Cooling Vest" in the next two weeks cause I'm not going to be riding like a sweaty pig like last year! I think I'll take a ride to Cycle Gear this Sunday.

they work ok, but they weigh a ton.... I've used mine twice since I bought it last year and honestly, an under armor or similar shirt has been my preferred way of keeping cool, that and a camelback full of ice

they work ok, but they weigh a ton.... I've used mine twice since I bought it last year and honestly, an under armor or similar shirt has been my preferred way of keeping cool, that and a camelback full of ice

Do they at least keep cool for 3 hours? Thats about the total time of my weekend rides. I heard they work pretty well.

Last year I bought a Castle Flash jacket. It was OK but still not enough mesh. This year I bought a Castle Turbine jacket. The Turbine is quite a bit better than the Flash. More of the material is mesh.

I know we're in store for some hotter weather this season and after last year's PA Ride in 104 degree temps I decided to cool things down a bit. Richie and I jumped in the Integra this morning and headed out to Orange CT. to CycleGear for some hot weather items. It was my first ride with Richie in his new car. I guess all that Gran Turismo on XBox all these years paid off cause he handled that 5-speed just fine. I was relaxed enough to doze off a bit on the way home. I got half off on everything except the C.F. License Plate Frame so I made out great. I also picked up the Heat-Out Long Johns and I have to say that I tried them on in the fitting room upon request of the manager, and I immediately felt coolness on my legs. I hope they work as well out in the heat.

I'll give my opinions on both these items this coming Wednesday when I try them out on the road.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-g_ynqaSxg&feature=plcp]CycleGear Orange CT - YouTube[/ame]

Here are the CycleGear Items I brought home today. I can't wait to test out the vest.
IMG_3638.jpg

I'm happy I went here. It saved me almost 15 bucks in tolls had I gone to NJ and they are both 1 hour 15 minutes from my house so it's a no brainer. I'll miss the Jersey Boys though, cause they are really nice down there!
IMG_3637.jpg

Back