Last Walk With My Old Friend

fazer1sniper

This is not the first time I had to do this one, but it's not any easier. My dog, well family dog, Rocky, our 12 year old German Shepard has gave up. About a week ago he started getting real weak and is now not able to eat, drink or move. He's been a great one. Maybe the best i ever had. Strong, happy, playfull, loyal & protective. Never guesed that that tiny gray pup would end up the 150 fur coated tank he ended up as. I know what has to happin, know I gotta go do it, but it don't make it suck any less.
Picture007.jpg

It makes me sad just thinking about it. It's been about three years since I had to do the same and it still makes me sad thinking about her. I know it's hard, but take some comfort in the fact that you-your family-gave him a good life. That's all you could do. And, now you'll stop his suffering. The thing is, we just don't get the loyalty from humans like we do from our pets. Sorry, man.
:(

Sorry to hear, never easy, Polestar is right, a lot of times they are better friends than our human friends, 5 minutes after your mad at them for breaking something, they come over wagging their tales wanting to be pet'd. Remember all the funny times he made you laugh.

Hey my friend, I've been there and had to do it myself and the last time I let the vet do it right in the back of my car. It's not easy. I cried for half a day last time and my eyes are tearing as I write this for you. Your'll curse yourself for every angry word you ever said to your friend and you'll wear the sorrow for all the wrong things you ever did. The bottom line is it's the dog that is suffering now and you have the ability to end it in a humane way. God be with you in your moment and just remember the good times you had.

My condolences...went through this last summer with our Shar-Pei, Jazzy, although she passed away in her sleep. Those of us that are "dog people" understand what you're feeling.

We all know it's tough. We all know there's gonna be days of crying and missing your buddy. We are all here for ya, brutha.

On a upbeat note: We now have a 8 month old bundle of energy! A Yellow Lab named Wyatt. He's a funny boy!

Photos to bring a smile...

So sorry to hear. I know how animals, dogs especially, become as close to you as your actual family. They will love you unconditionally and never complain about anything. My sympathies for your loss.:(

My brother had to put down his female Doberman (Kita) a couple of months back. In the picture she is the one on the right, she was just eight, she was such a great dog. They just got another female and just love her. We have a Shiba Inu (Tokyo) who is 4 1/2 that we love. When you take an animal into your home, if you care for it, there is a special bond between you and that animal, there will always be a special place in your heart for your dog. When I lived in Orlando, my managers dog passed away, she took off a whole week of vacation. As others have said, remember the good times.

So sad. My wife and I have had to let two go over the past two years. My little buddy Zeno. My best friend for 17 years. And Sherry's pup, Nibler. Her only son for 18 years. He was one of the sweetest dogs ever.

I had to put my boy (cat) down a while back. Left a hole that'll never be completely filled, but also some of my sweetest most treasured memories.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

I wanna thank ALL of you. I just finished taking care off all this stuff about 30 minutes ago. The girls are a wreak but I expected that. I'm releived. Now we can rememer him has the oversized puppy playing and running around and not the mess he was this last week. Again, I can't thank you all enough.

bro, hard part will be the next week or so, as all of you are gonna be looking around for him, you know, when you all are half asleep or half awake.

Unless we're talking about that special dog/bitch. A few years ago I lost a tough bitch shepherd, weighed only 50 pounds. Think of that little bitch every once in awhile.

Sorry for your loss. The best friends I've ever had in my life had four paws. They give love and friendship unconditionally and they don't ask for anything.

Back