Lava or Black

Hi

I got a new 2009 FZ1 Fazer last month, and I want to buy a Yamaha belly pan, and I can't decide whether to go for Black for Lava. As you can see from the picture 2009 models in the UK had this split colour scheme. Do I got for Black to match the engine and back end, or Lava to match the tank and front end. I can't make my mind up. What do you think?
View attachment 4110

Steve

The split color scheme is interesting... my vote would be for a black belly pan because it would blend with the rear to lower half of the bike being black. I think that a lava belly pan would just stick out like a sore thumb.

The split color scheme is interesting... my vote would be for a black belly pan because it would blend with the rear to lower half of the bike being black. I think that a lava belly pan would just stick out like a sore thumb.

Funny, I'd say take the red, because the front end is red as well..

Funny, I'd say take the red, because the front end is red as well..

If the bike had a full red color scheme instead of split, I would say go with a red belly pan. IMO it would look better with the split color scheme having the top "half" of the bike red and the lower "half" black... but that's just my opinion.

Hi

I got a new 2009 FZ1 Fazer last month, and I want to buy a Yamaha belly pan, and I can't decide whether to go for Black for Lava. As you can see from the picture 2009 models in the UK had this split colour scheme. Do I got for Black to match the engine and back end, or Lava to match the tank and front end. I can't make my mind up. What do you think?
View attachment 4110

Steve

Look through the members pictures in the Gallery. There is at least one bike with the OEM chin fairing on it in there. That should help you decide. A piture's worth a thousand words;

gardenshot.jpg

lowerfrontdetail.jpg

frontlowerwideshot.jpg

Mine is not Black, but hopefully this helps get an idea of the darker option.

Thank you guys for the input and thanks to Rusty for the offer. My own preference is for the Black as well, but I didn't want to influence you all. I'll post a picture when its on the bike.

Thanks again

Steve

Offset what is already a lot of black and go with the Lava. :D I have the cobalt blue with the colored cowl. Love it and felt that the black would just get "lost" in the already blacked out lower end. This brings attention to the bike as a whole.

attachment.php

Offset what is already a lot of black and go with the Lava. :D I have the cobalt blue with the colored cowl. Love it and felt that the black would just get "lost" in the already blacked out lower end. This brings attention to the bike as a whole.

attachment.php

I agree in the case of your bike and others that have a rear fairing that is the same color as the front. However, in the unique case of split-color fairings like the OPs I feel that it looks more "balanced" having the belly pan the same color as the rear fairing. If the front fairing and bellypan are red, but the rear fairing is black it just looks like somebody had an accident and replaced the rear fairing with one from a random bike... kind of like when you see somebody driving a car with one door or body panel that doesn't match the rest of the car and you know they were replacing damaged parts but didn't care to get the part painted to matched. Again, this is just my 2 cents :sport12:

My first thought was lava for sure, but looking at your bike a couple of times, made me change my mind to black.

A friend of mine here in the Netherlands has the same colorscheme as your bike, but a little different.

With this bike I would go for a lava bellypan, because this would really make a difference to the bike.

With you colorscheme, a lava bellypan would seperate the bike into two parts, not one nice complete bike, because the whole front is lava and the whole back is black.

So a black bellypan would be the best IMHO.

Last edited:
Back