Leaning too much..

Any noob sportbike riders scraped their pegs yet? At what point did you guys feel/think you can lean enough to scrape pegs without fear of falling over? Maybe some of you just said hey he did it and didn't fall, so can I.

Ok what I'm trying to ask how do you build up enough confidence to do this, at what stage of riding?
If you have to ask, you're not ready. Getting a knee down comes naturally once you develop proper technique.

14 year old thread revival? Love it! 😄

As for getting a knee down, I've scraped my pegs on track a few times and come THIS CLOSE (I'm holding two of my fingers really close together!) to getting my knee down. I can't seem to get past that sensation that I'm going to tip the bike or that it's getting ready to slide out from under me. Maybe I need a Grom to practice on?

14 year old thread revival? Love it! 😄

As for getting a knee down, I've scraped my pegs on track a few times and come THIS CLOSE (I'm holding two of my fingers really close together!) to getting my knee down. I can't seem to get past that sensation that I'm going to tip the bike or that it's getting ready to slide out from under me. Maybe I need a Grom to practice on?
I was watching videos of police training where they were doing some wild low speed maneuvers leaning WAY over on BMW RTs. That got me motivated to try it on my FZ, I was dragging the pegs in parking lots and in my driveway, it was surprisingly easier than I thought. Though one time I got a little too comfortable and dropped it, scraping my pipe and snapping a bar end mirror off. I don't try that any more.

I was watching videos of police training where they were doing some wild low speed maneuvers leaning WAY over on BMW RTs. That got me motivated to try it on my FZ, I was dragging the pegs in parking lots and in my driveway, it was surprisingly easier than I thought. Though one time I got a little too comfortable and dropped it, scraping my pipe and snapping a bar end mirror off. I don't try that any more.
Californian rt's with a ar hanging on the back? I about fell over when i randomly saw one of them a few years ago05F0CCCB-2950-4CBB-8467-301405CFB186.jpeg

Last edited:
Back