Looking at FZ1, is 30k high mileage?

Is the mileage something I should be concerned about?

• Yes, that's too high.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CBR6RRRider

Hey all,

I'm looking at a used FZ1 that has roughly 30k miles on it and I'm wondering if this is something I should be worried about. From what I can tell the bike has been meticulously maintained, but I wanted to get some of your opinions about the subject as well.

No, we have a Gen I rider who has logged over 200,000 documented miles on her bike. I don't know who has the highest amount on a Gen II but the most I've heard of thus far was over 70k miles.

Very tight machines and with proper care, can and will last a long time. What year is the one you are looking at?

I have just shy of 32k on my 06 and still runs great. Like Cobalt said and long as the bike has been well maintained Yamaha makes some great motors!

Make sure all the fluids are clean, chain, sprocket and tires are good. Also make sure the throttle does not dip or hesitate, 2006 had mapping difficulties.

No, we have a Gen I rider who has logged over 200,000 documented miles on her bike. I don't know who has the highest amount on a Gen II but the most I've heard of thus far was over 70k miles.

Very tight machines and with proper care, can and will last a long time. What year is the one you are looking at?

Clearly you have not been following 750nut's posts and hunterscout. Both have around 140k+ and 120k+ miles on their gen2. The later never even checked the valves or serviced the suspension

I'm at 32K on my 01 and I still have original plugs in there...No issues what so ever except a slight buzzing which I will find the location of one day lol...But I never had an issue...

Wow, sounds like 30k isn't anything for this bike.

To be honest, 30,000 isn't much for any bike. The average Japanese bike doesn't even have a major service until 24,000 or more.

If people are getting 100,000+ on race replicas, imagine how far something designed for every day riding will go with just maintenance.

Norm's Formula: Multiply mileage of bike X 2 and pretend you were buying a used car. 60K on a used car is nothing these days. Most cars if properly maintained can get well over 100,000 miles. The only reason I don't consider bikes and cars the same is that most cars get used every day and most bikes don't. Machines don't seem to do as well with down time.

i have never had a bike long enough to get 100K on it, but i did have a 69chevy, at 200+ decided to rebuild it..not needed worst cylinder was only 8K tapered. and ALL bearing went back factory standard. shows what good maint can do.
rough use no problem just spend more then others do for fixing on maint and it will last a very long time. get you there and back, and no down time. :poke:

I think the most miles I've had on one single bike is about 14k and that's the one I have now. I don't feel the bike runs any worse than it did when I got it with 7k, in fact, now that I've spent a ton of money on parts it runs alot better!

108,000 miles and she runs better then when she was new. I should mention the new forks, new shock, new wheel and steering head bearings, new brake rotor.......

Norm's Formula: Multiply mileage of bike X 2 and pretend you were buying a used car. 60K on a used car is nothing these days. Most cars if properly maintained can get well over 100,000 miles. The only reason I don't consider bikes and cars the same is that most cars get used every day and most bikes don't. Machines don't seem to do as well with down time.
bikes with 30,000+ miles have probably been used for more then the occasional weekend ride.

Bought my 2006 recently with 33k on her , no probs at all , Think about it this way ,,, six year old bike ,,, 30k on the clock less than 5k a year ,, hardly been used

Back