Lower Fairings Arrived !!!

I received my lowers today from fellow FZ1OA member JAH. They were just as described and more. I took them into the tub and gave them the "once over". Once they dried, I applied a fresh coat of wax and buffed them out to a mirror finish. I can't wait to get them mounted. I'll probably do the AIS removal and oil change first so that I don't have to remove them for a while. I snapped some pictures with my crappy camera so bear with me. It may be hard to see in the photos but they are absolutely sparkling inside and out. Thanks to Justin, I finally got my lowers that I have wanted for a long time.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Inside Shot Left Side
008.jpg

Inside Shot Right Side
009.jpg

Well, get 'em mounted so we can all admire. It'll help me decide if I want to go that route or just stick with a belly pan.

Thanks Stonesie, I use Eagle One Wax As You Dry. It's probably my favorite spray wax of all time. I do need to check out Turtle Wax Liquid Ice. I have heard that it blows everything away. I just havent seen it in the stores near me yet. The Eagle One goes on easy and just wipes to a mirror shine in seconds. I absolutely love it. I used to use Meguiars but switched over when I tried the Turtle Wax at a friend's house. I'll let everyone know how good the "Ice" is soon. Take care. Billy.

I also got the fairings from someone and wow I just cannot get back to naked wanabee oem style :bowdown:

here a shot for you of my bike :)

p5110005.jpg

Now thats sweet! Man, I can't wait to get out of work today. I have everything at home ready to go. Hey Math, the lower brackets that hold the big silver washer, do they have a spacer in both holes or just one hole. The ones that came with my setup has only one spacer in the bracket but there are two holes. Just curious if you can remember your hardware setup. Even better if you have the instructions to scan and post. Thanks, Billy.

mine didnt have washers in my kit, I just unbolted the 4 long bolt and put the brakets there is only one side you can bolt it. just watch out when you put the 2 long braket where the upper fairing is , pay attention to not break the fairing with the rubber washer on it, you have to ajust it with the fairing on. You must remove the radiator covers (silvers) and the bolts before installing the fairing. make sure you have some loose nuts for the allens(to not strip) (the LOWEst bolts from the shifters (brake-->right, shifter --->left) you will have to move up or down the shifter to make the job easiest with these 2 bolts, take attention to tight up the shifter fairing allen because I got a problem with it on a ride after 30 kms the bolt cam loose and I wasnt able to shift in 3rd lol. you can use rubbers washer if you dont want to scratch the fairing. but you dont have lot of space at this place ! just enought for the bolt and a washer.

if ya have any problem lets me know,

Last edited:
Thanks Math, I found out exactly what you were saying about the bracket only going to one bolt. All in all, it took me about 1-1/2 hours to complete with the help of my son. Going at it without instructions had me doing things more than once but I figured it out after a little fabricating on the brackets. After finding out that the top bolt is too big to even fit in the bracket, I lopped off the one ear. Now the bracket sits flush and tight. I cut it just short of the top bolt so the head of the bolt actually keeps the bracket from turning. After that, the fairing fit good at all the mounting spots. I am going to bring home some rubber bushings from work Monday to put in the rear mounting spots. Then I won't have to worry about anything cracking. The fairings look beautiful. Even my son who was against me getting them said that he was wrong. He loves them too. 5 bolts from each side is all it takes for removal. I removed them to see how long it would take and I am not worried anymore. It was literally a 10 minute job. The bike runs great with them on and actually feels quieter and less vibration noise from the front of the bike. My son even noticed how much quieter things were. Okay enough babbling, here are the pics. Hey Adam, let me know when your getting yours pal. You'll love em!

009-1.jpg

007.jpg

005.jpg

003-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

There is goes. I will have some better shots soon. I just clicked these off real fast to get them posted. Have a great evening everyone, I know I will. Billy.

After tonight, thinking of going a different route. I had obtained a tail/tank in skunk paint scheme with hopes of being able to salvage (before I knew that it was a silver paint with EXPENSIVE black stickers). Rashed on the left side and a dent in the tank. Allows me to keep riding while I get my chit together to paint the original bodywork.

Long story short, my original fairing has a crack. The new one will require me to repaint to try and get it to match the silver better in the skunk paint scheme. While I was trying to decide what to do, I looked at the bike, w/o the upper fairing, and instantly saw streetfighter.....

Looking at options now for doing the conversion, and keeping the original setup, repainted of course, for if I decide to do some touring....

more to come.

BTW, bike looks Great Billy! Now you need to look at some sliders to better protect the bike.

Adam

After tonight, thinking of going a different route. I had obtained a tail/tank in skunk paint scheme with hopes of being able to salvage (before I knew that it was a silver paint with EXPENSIVE black stickers). Rashed on the left side and a dent in the tank. Allows me to keep riding while I get my chit together to paint the original bodywork.

Long story short, my original fairing has a crack. The new one will require me to repaint to try and get it to match the silver better in the skunk paint scheme. While I was trying to decide what to do, I looked at the bike, w/o the upper fairing, and instantly saw streetfighter.....

Looking at options now for doing the conversion, and keeping the original setup, repainted of course, for if I decide to do some touring....

more to come.

BTW, bike looks Great Billy! Now you need to look at some sliders to better protect the bike.

Adam

I know, I gotta get some sliders and a rear hugger and then "thats it"! I will then just enjoy the bike. At the moment, I am done with any more additions. Please don't quote me on that. Keep us informed on your conversion if you decide to go that route. I like the "skunk" theme myself. Just my 2cents.

You must have read my mind. I already went down yesterday and took a shot of the side of the bike. I have a friend with Photoshop who is working on a decal spread for me. I sent him all the images, and he is going to resize them and impose them onto the fairing photo. If I like how is looks, then I will order them and get it done. I'll send you a pic of the photo when he's finished.

I've seen a few interesting setups with the lower fairings... on a black one, the "u" shape by the engine filled in with white, and the bottom of the fairing, below the line painted white... kind of like a belly pan.... looks pretty cool.

Back