Lower Fairings Arrived !!!

Yes, they are the ones shown in the photos above. Fitment was good after a small modification to the lower mounts.

Look great mate, really set the bike off a treat.;)

Have you thought about and considered some crash bungs, well worth it because with out being negative none of us ever know what's round the corner.:thumbup:

Look great mate, really set the bike off a treat.;)

Have you thought about and considered some crash bungs, well worth it because with out being negative none of us ever know what's round the corner.:thumbup:

Definitely. Thats next on the agenda. I have to first seek out a guy on
FZ1OA who had the sliders mounted with the lower fairings in place. I need to find out what he changed to make them fit. I am assuming that he use an extended engine mount bolt and actually used the slider to hold the fairing in place on the bike. Once I figure that out, I will go ahead and order the same ones. Thanks!

Billy,

Got a line on a set of fairings. PO put some kind of holes for additional signals. Could you take a pic of your fairings so I can see what the screen material looks like?

Thanks,
Adam

Here are the shots from the inside of the fairings Adam. These are the best look at what the screens look like from the inside. The only modification I did was to take an industrial hot glue gun from a buddy and put a heavy bead all around the screen at the same time having my son push the screen material down with a wood stick to seal them flush against the inside of the fairing. The factory only put 3 dabs of putty to hold them in, leaving some parts up off the fairing. Now they are totally sealed tight against the fairing and look so much better from the outside. I recommend you do the same. As for any holes, it shouldn't be hard at all to place some fiberglass resin cloth on the inside of the hole, giving it a backing so to speak. Then once it dries, just apply some automotive bondo to the outside to fill the space, sand it, and then paint and clearcoat. You probably wouldn't even notice it once finished. Let me know whatever else I can do for you on the matter.

008.jpg

Inside Shot Right Side
009.jpg

As you saw, closed the deal on the lowers from the other forum. I know that of deviates from my original thought of going as a streetfighter, but what can I say. The wife gave the approval after seeing your bike. (who am I to argue with a woman...)

Just need to find a substitute for the screen to repair a couple of holes from a modification someone did.

Follow in the path of greatness....

BroHay

Last edited:
As you saw, closed the deal on the lowers from the other forum. I know that of deviates from my original thought of going as a streetfighter, but what can I say. The wife gave the approval after seeing your bike. (who am I to argue with a woman...)

Just need to find a substitute for the screen to repair a couple of holes from a modification someone did.

Follow in the path of greatness....

BroHay

God Bless her soul. Go to PepBoys or Autozone and pick up that grill screen material that they sell to do the airdams on those rice burners. It's heavy duty and you just have to form it behind the fairing and lock it in with any hot glue gun. Before you mount it, you can spray it flat black or just leave it silver. Whatever rocks your boat! Get some pics on soon so maybe I can better assist you. Have a great weekend. Billy.

Thanks Chip. I have had nothing but "thumbs up" on the new fairings. Even the guys who told me not to get them were pleasantly surprised at just how much it changes the appearance of the bike. I'm absolutely loving them.

Still in the works....300 shipped to my door as well.

Am I correct in thinking that you have to remove the left side in order to do an oil change??

Adam

Still in the works....300 shipped to my door as well.

Am I correct in thinking that you have to remove the left side in order to do an oil change??

Adam

I believe you are correct sir. I'll be removing mine soon as I will be taking the bike over to Ivan's to do the A.I.S. removal. At the same time, I'll be doing the oil, filter, and spark plugs. I'll do those things at home myself. I also want to polish up the header pipes with the machine to brighten them up again before replacing the fairigs. Then with the exception of the sliders, I should be all set for summer.

Whats the ETA for your set of fairings?

Should leave FL. sometime this week and then however long it takes to get here. So I got to go do a bunch of maintenance/painting this weekend to get things cleaned up so that I can cover up....

BroHay

Hi everybody, I am new to this forum. Do the fairings protect you from the wind much (like on the FJR)? Or did you put them on primarily for aesthetics/looks? Either way they look really sweet.

Hi everybody, I am new to this forum. Do the fairings protect you from the wind much (like on the FJR)? Or did you put them on primarily for aesthetics/looks? Either way they look really sweet.

I don't know if I feel any difference with the wind since most of that is generated over the windshield. I do however see a difference in straight line stability when I am riding on the highway. There is less drifting on windy days than before the fairings. Also, there is a small amount of heat that rises up to the inner side of your knees, but that's only when the fan kicks on while riding. I like it because it tells me that my fan is operating correctly. Its not enough heat to be a real bother. I love my fairings and will never take them off. They are here to stay!!

Thanks NY, I really like the look. Do I read you correctly that you get MORE heat on your inner knees with the fairings? (this may be a good thing on chilly NoCal days). Have you had any Overheating issues w/your fairings on?

Thanks NY, I really like the look. Do I read you correctly that you get MORE heat on your inner knees with the fairings? (this may be a good thing on chilly NoCal days). Have you had any Overheating issues w/your fairings on?

When I say inner knees I mean right where your knee touches the tank if you can visualize what I am saying. I've never had any overheating issues at all. I make sure that my coolant is clean and up to the level mark at all times. Just remember that I have only had them on for about two or three weeks now so it hasn't been too hot. Also, it's been raining 20 straight days in NY. Today is the first day of sunshine in a long while. I don't believe that there would be any issue with overheating anyway. Plenty of bikes run fairings with a lot less airflow than the FZ without any issues. The FZ fairings, if you look at them closely, you'll see ample ventilation. I wouldn't worry about it.

By the way NoCal, let me say welcome to the forum. Glad to have you aboard. I'm sorry, forgive my manners. I just now noticed the number of posts. You'll have a great time here. A lot of laughs and tons of info coming from many great people.

Thanks NY, I have found this to be very useful and fun. I am still saving my pennies to get an FZ bike, need to find another job first!
Not sure between Gen 1 or 2 though, any thoughts?

No worries about your manners, this is my first chat room/msg board I have ever been part of. I am really enjoying it this far. I hope my etiquette is appropriate. Please feel free to drop any knowledge on me you think might be helpful. I am all ears.

Back