Lower Fairings Arrived !!!

Thanks NY, I have found this to be very useful and fun. I am still saving my pennies to get an FZ bike, need to find another job first!
Not sure between Gen 1 or 2 though, any thoughts?

If you look at the threads you'll see one that deals with exactly this subject. It's a fairly new thread and has the Pros and Cons of each bike. VArider gives alot of insight on each of the two generations. I would paste the link to that thread for you, but I don't know how. Just check, you'll see it. Me, I'm partial to Gen1 bikes, but each one has it's good points.

Well, I missed the opportunity today. FedEx came by to deliver my lower fairings and I was not here to accept them. To boot, it is home delivery, and so I don't have the option to go p/u before they close this evening.

Was not expecting them until Tuesday, -- no now I get to wait until then, guess I'll start preparing for their arrival.

Well, I missed the opportunity today. FedEx came by to deliver my lower fairings and I was not here to accept them. To boot, it is home delivery, and so I don't have the option to go p/u before they close this evening.

Was not expecting them until Tuesday, -- no now I get to wait until then, guess I'll start preparing for their arrival.

That sucks. It's like having Santa pass over your house and not stop!

Allright....I'm in the process of trying to put it together (before I actually put it together)

and pictures would help......but I've got a ? for ya Billly. I've got 6 pieces, that look like a small 3/8 socket with only 4 bolts and no idea on what/where these might go.

Nada online so hopefully you are open for business.....

Adam

Allright....I'm in the process of trying to put it together (before I actually put it together)

and pictures would help......but I've got a ? for ya Billly. I've got 6 pieces, that look like a small 3/8 socket with only 4 bolts and no idea on what/where these might go.

Nada online so hopefully you are open for business.....

Adam

I think its best for you to set everything up on the floor, take a picture, and post it. This way I can edit the photo and explain where each piece goes. Also, they are the factory Yamaha fairings, correct? Post a shot and we'll get you rolling. Only because I don't remember anything looking like a socket. I want to make sure that they are indeed the same kits. I hope I'm not missing anything.

In the meantime, I'll probably be removing mine today to get ready for the A.I.S. removal, tune-up, and oil change. I'll just take some shots then and edit the photo with labels on everything. I just have to bring the dog to get shaved first after breakfast. I'll run home while he's there and remove it.

DSC_0608-1.jpg

let me know if you need any better pictures. The ones up by/on the foil are the ones that really have me scratching my head.....

Adam

DSC_0608-1.jpg

let me know if you need any better pictures. The ones up by/on the foil are the ones that really have me scratching my head.....

Adam

You now have me scratching my head as I didn't have any such thing. I'd like to know where are those big silver discs that mount the fairing to the engine mount bolts. I don't see them in the picture. They look like spacers to me yet I never had any. Are you sure that it's a factory Yamaha piece? The only hardware I had was the two bars ( From the upper fairing holes to the rear most bolt of the cover inserts), the silver cuplike discs(The lower fairing to the engine bolts at the frame),the 2 little screws(The fairing to the rearset bolts), and lastly 2 bolts with spacers(The front of the fairing to the radiator). Thats all the hardware I had and used and the fairing fits perfectly. So thats 6 screws total, two bars, and two silver discs. Thats all I needed and all I received with the fairings.

If I must, I'll have no other alternative other than a ROAD TRIP out to NM for a house call!

Well, I've got the round discs --- just didn't unpack them and picture. The fairings are mounted and I'm waiting for my once blue fairing to finish drying so I can put it back together. I'll take my time on the silver one to get it picture perfect.

B/c of not having the factory rearsets (using Gilles) I had to get a little creative and I think that I'll be going back to revise my first attempt.

Thanks for the help -- I'm thinking the extra pieces were leftover from another project that got thrown in with the parts for the lowers.

I'll try and get some pictures up later this evening.....

Adam

Last edited:
So I myself ordered some but they didn't come with any mounting hardware or instructions. Was there any special things like drilling or cutting that I need to know before attempting to create my own brackets?

So I myself ordered some but they didn't come with any mounting hardware or instructions. Was there any special things like drilling or cutting that I need to know before attempting to create my own brackets?

Do yourself a favor and order the hardware. I will get you the guy to email about it in order to obtain a hardware package for the lowers. You will be a lot happier than trying to make up mounting brackets. I am at work right now but give me a chance or you can search my posts since there is a thread here with a link to Patric, the guy who has the hardware.

Back